E-Gaming Canute Required

Derek Flint

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In so far as that means anything I would translate it as "Required: champion bullshitter to try to convince e-gaming and other industries on the Island that the DfE knows what it is doing and is doing something to help them.  You will have no power to actually change anything, so we are paying you a lot of money to act as a buffer between the DfE hierarchy and the real world.

There's not much you can do in a year and I wonder if this is designed as a nice little earner for a mate at a loose end.

Agree with Roger. No real tangible skills or ability necessary; just a bullshit virtuoso, fluent in the language, at least five years experience in the field of bullshit, scrubs up well and looks good in a business suit. Non-Manx candidate will be preferred (Dandara have got a shitload of properties to sell and we need to get the population stats up). 

36 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

In so far as that means anything I would translate it as "Required: champion bullshitter to try to convince e-gaming and other industries on the Island that the DfE knows what it is doing and is doing something to help them.  You will have no power to actually change anything, so we are paying you a lot of money to act as a buffer between the DfE hierarchy and the real world.

There's not much you can do in a year and I wonder if this is designed as a nice little earner for a mate at a loose end.

Analysis skill level : Expert.

39 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

If it really is a new requirement for a champion bullshitter then the situation might be worse than we know.

Because Lord knows, if we can't find a champion bullshitter amongst the legions of bullshitters that we already employ in DfE and Cabinet Comms. then the situation must be dire.

8 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

£70k for 1 year won't get much of an expert.

They'll be expert enough to con IoMG for a year and £70k ....

Archived