Isle of Man's Montpelier Trust in receivership after boss accused of diverting 'millions of pounds' of client funds

Amadeus

3 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

These things always seem to happen to you eh Barry... :rolleyes:

I know. Always been that way. I recently completed my memoirs of my time on the trading floor of the Old Baltic Exchange...The things that happened to me are amazing. Every one else sails through life but not me. I signed the rights in my memoirs over to the City of London. All in the name of historical research. I attach links in PDF below. They might open if clicked.

Some people say I make it up as any time something happens I was there. The Laxey floods were well publicised in the UK even down on my manor but people sort of looked askance when I said I used to live in Laxey in the former Harbour Master's house backing on to the river. I also encountered the ghost of a little girl in there. She haunts the attic room which was my billet..

Same as working at the Villa. Nothing happened to the former guard but me I had two manage a drugs OD, alcoholic poisoning, heart attack, a fight, a suicide attempt, a bloke who put his fist through the plate glass on the Collonades, ditto a bloke who kicked the glass in, a bloke transfixed by the spikes on the Broadway entrance gates, a nutter who refused to leave and a gate on the Collonades that went missing for a while and a massive brawl at the party of a well known bank. Sporrans and kilts and fists flying. The Old Bill turned up for that event and there was an ambulance parked on the road acting as a first aid walk in facility. Some people know how to party!

LMA Letter One.pdf LMA two.pdf

5 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

All this demonstrates is the regulators falling asleep on the job. Mr G has lead a charmed life on the IOM for many many years apparently uninterrupted by any form of official scrutiny. 

The Isle of Man - Where you Can.....

On 10/10/2019 at 10:09 AM, gettafa said:

Plenty of good eggs on Athol Street and beyond. And the judiciary, and the police etc.

Isle of Man is the Isle of Good Eggs.

Here we go, Getafe off on his usual rant behind his cloak of invisibility.  Must be amazing to have lived such a life of purity.

Archived