I could not be less interested in the Royals

Chinahand

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/13/2020 at 4:56 PM, PottyLisa said:

He was absolutely a liability.  Imagine the logistics of fighting a war coupled with the logistics of keeping a high value target safe who adds absolutely nothing except for being a potential opportunity for ISIS.  He was playing at it.

This is clearly going to come as a shock I know but targeting one squaddie out of thousands isn't easy.

They all dress the same you see. Right down to "Drawers peculiar green pairs two". And who can forget having to strategically position the rear button in underwear specially designed for "protracted lengths of wear" before sitting down?

It wasn't all about travelling to exotic locations to kill unarmed natives and then nick their country in the name of "Empire" you know. Sometimes it could get downright uncomfortable....

On 1/13/2020 at 4:56 PM, PottyLisa said:

He was absolutely a liability.  Imagine the logistics of fighting a war coupled with the logistics of keeping a high value target safe who adds absolutely nothing except for being a potential opportunity for ISIS.  He was playing at it.

Your lack of knowledge on the military and how they operate comes as no surprise...

24 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Your lack of knowledge on the military and how they operate comes as no surprise...

Oh sit down you goon.

Every thing she said was correct.

Even the head of the army at the time agreed:

"Prince Harry will not be sent for military duty in Iraq because of the excessive risks it would bring to him and his squadron, the head of the army said today.

"I have decided that Prince Harry will not deploy as a troop leader with his squadron," General Sir Richard Dannatt told reporters.

Sir Richard said he had travelled to Iraq in the past week, learning of "a number of specific threats - some reported and some not reported - which relate directly to Prince Harry as an individual".

"These threats expose not only him, but also those around him, to a degree of risk that I now deem unacceptable," he added."

5 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Oh sit down you goon.

Every thing she said was correct.

Even the head of the army at the time agreed:

"Prince Harry will not be sent for military duty in Iraq because of the excessive risks it would bring to him and his squadron, the head of the army said today.

"I have decided that Prince Harry will not deploy as a troop leader with his squadron," General Sir Richard Dannatt told reporters.

Sir Richard said he had travelled to Iraq in the past week, learning of "a number of specific threats - some reported and some not reported - which relate directly to Prince Harry as an individual".

"These threats expose not only him, but also those around him, to a degree of risk that I now deem unacceptable," he added."

He took command of an Apache gunship you walter, the military tend not to use those things as mere transport options. Take a guess where they operate?

41 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Not helpful.  Why is my lack of knowledge no surprise?  Could you also educate me as to what's wrong with my post.  I accept I could be totally wrong and probably should have spoke with the conviction I did but to just rebuff it like that is lazy, ignorant and a worthless contribution.

You probably have way more knowledge about such matters than me.  Share it and enlighten me.  Don't just snipe.

13 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

He took command of an Apache gunship you walter, the military tend not to use those things as mere transport options. Take a guess where they operate?

First point...

In Afghanistan, on his 20 week deployment, he was a gunner/nav, not a flight commander.  Meaning he was along for the ride.

He did not qualify for the flight command (i.e. the pilot) of Apaches, until almost 5 months after his active tour had finished.

Second point...

I love how you glossed over the head of the fecking army saying he was a threat to those around him.

Admit it, you dug a hole and now you can't get out of it.

Just now, PottyLisa said:

Not helpful.  Why is my lack of knowledge no surprise?  Could you also educate me as to what's wrong with my post.  I accept I could be totally wrong and probably should have spoke with the conviction I did but to just rebuff it like that is lazy, ignorant and a worthless contribution.

You probably have way more knowledge about such matters than me.  Share it and enlighten me.  Don't just snipe.

There was no need to expand as PK had covered this sufficiently in his response. The lazy, ignorant accusation could be levied at yourself unless of course you have served time in the armed forces and were speaking from experience?

2 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

First point...

In Afghanistan, on his 20 week deployment, he was a gunner/nav, not a flight commander.  Meaning he was along for the ride.

He did not qualify for the flight command (i.e. the pilot) of Apaches, until almost 5 months after his active tour had finished.

Second point...

I love how you glossed over the head of the fecking army saying he was a threat to those around him.

Admit it, you dug a hole and now you can't get out of it.

No I didn't gloss it over at all Corporal Blunder. Do you honestly believe that a senior army officer is going to admit he was on the front line? You are actually more stupid than I first thought.

In September 2012, Prince Harry was deployed to Afghanistan, based in Camp Bastion in Helmand province to conduct operational tour as an Apache pilot

He was working as part of the Joint Aviation Group (JAG) which provides helicopter support to the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) and Afghan forces operating throughout Regional Command (South West) and ended his four month tour in January 2013. 

What was your military background again?

Bit harsh? Shit the bed this morning?  I can't see any reason to be such a twat. I havent personally attacked you, I don't think I ever have?

No, I have no experience in the military but I do recall them having to abruptly pull him out of operations once the press got wind he was deplayed.  That should tell you something.

I've already said I probably framed my original post incorrectly, it's a forum, we're not all of a certain standard of expressing ourselves.  You're attitude to other posters is shit, you should calm down and not trawl these boards constantly looking for a fight or to get a rise out of someone.  It's funny up to a point if done well but you're a bit trigger happy with your scathing critisms.

3 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

No I didn't gloss it over at all Corporal Blunder. Do you honestly believe that a senior army officer is going to admit he was on the front line? You are actually more stupid than I first thought.

In September 2012, Prince Harry was deployed to Afghanistan, based in Camp Bastion in Helmand province to conduct operational tour as an Apache pilot

He was working as part of the Joint Aviation Group (JAG) which provides helicopter support to the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) and Afghan forces operating throughout Regional Command (South West) and ended his four month tour in January 2013. 

What was your military background again?

"On 21 January 2013, it was announced that Harry was returning from a 20-week deployment in Afghanistan, where he served as an Apache co-pilot/gunner. On 8 July 2013, the Ministry of Defence announced that Harry had successfully qualified as an Apache aircraft commander."

RAF, 10 years, TG3 (AD/AF).

At least I know the difference between and an Apache "pilot" and a nav/gunner.

(watches as Neil takes another layer of dirt out)

2 minutes ago, PottyLisa said:

No, I have no experience in the military but I do recall them having to abruptly pull him out of operations once the press got wind he was deplayed.  That should tell you something.

Yes, the German press broke a "gents" agreement with the world press not to publicise about royalty in conflict zones.

Archived