The Golden Sausage Awards

Grounds Keeper Willy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

Lots of businesses make an effort. It’s just that pretentious people only like going to places that others deem to be equally significant. 

Perhaps you could publish a list of places you deem to be acceptable.

ETA: do you seriously think that anyone on the IOM goes to a place for breakfast because they think it's trendy or something? It's a bonkers suggestion.

10 minutes ago, pongo said:

Perhaps you could publish a list of places you deem to be acceptable.

I deem all places acceptable. Unlike what you seem to suggest I don’t exclude any places (such as your comments on the Caff) on the grounds that they don’t serve avocado on toast or some other equally pretentious substance for £10 a go. 

2 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

I deem all places acceptable. Unlike what you seem to suggest I don’t exclude any places (such as your comments on the Caff) on the grounds that they don’t serve avocado on toast or some other equally pretentious substance for £10 a go. 

Are you drunk or just very confused?

I haven't even mentioned the Caff or avacados.

18 minutes ago, pongo said:

Are you drunk or just very confused?

I haven't even mentioned the Caff or avacados.

Why would I be drunk? Sorry you mentioned smoked salmon and Noa as being a prerequisite. It was another poster who mentioned avocado on toast. The argument from both posters sounded so similar I must have got confused. You did challenge Thommo2010 on his proclaimed preference for the Caff though in a rather condescending way. 

I recall you said “I get that some people prefer milky stewed tea, sliced white and a sausage made out of leftovers and gristle :) “ Which I read (of course I could be wrong) as a bit of a put down along social status lines. 

8 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

you mentioned smoked salmon and Noa as being a prerequisite.

I also said that I should probably add a smiley and that I also liked McDonalds.

And I was absolutely not condescending. You maybe just chose to hear it like that.

Ffs.

Just now, pongo said:

I also said that I should probably add a smiley and that I also liked McDonalds.

Ffs.

Lots of middle class people like McDonalds. It’s like going down market without being seen to go down market. A bit like a visit to Dealz. It isn’t really some cheap market stall emporium where you buy cheap crap. It’s a novel low budget shopping experience. 

54 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

Lots of businesses make an effort. It’s just that pretentious people only like going to places that others deem to be equally significant. 

That’ll be just you then...

Archived