Latest mental tourist idea

Grounds Keeper Willy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

I’m not sure it is nonsense to be honest.

More like they’ve realized phone and 4G reception at those sites is shit and they don’t want bad reviews so they try to make people live in 1950 instead. You wonder what the cost is of handing out this ancient kit to people and where in this century they can get film developed? 

28 minutes ago, quilp said:

'Hairynads' a Durham lad commented...

"Would love to visit the Isle of Man but ferry prices are daft."

Maybe he could swap any potential ferry ticket and opt in for a budget canoe, sweat band, fishing hook and line, pair of binoculars and some flippers?

Blast........ I've given the tourist board another option!  :P

32 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

More like they’ve realized phone and 4G reception at those sites is shit and they don’t want bad reviews so they try to make people live in 1950 instead. You wonder what the cost is of handing out this ancient kit to people and where in this century they can get film developed? 

The study also showed that work-cations have become the new norm with 52 per cent of people from the UK regularly checking work emails while abroad and 54 per cent continuing to work through fear of falling behind on workloads or underachieving.

If that is a known fact why are they encouraging people to come to the IOM and potentially get sacked by throwing their phones away? I’d agree with you and Charlie Brown it’s a cover for crap phone coverage existing outside of town. 

2 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Good attempt at a little niche marketing. Nothing to lose, and already UK media exposure which is hopefully a good thing.

All manner of Niche market ideas were put to Government over the past few years, the bottom line was if it didn't have two wheels they weren't interested!

Maybe now they are realising the island is perfectly placed for niche market tourism. 

Archived