Easyjet cancellations?

mad_manx

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy have cancelled 300 flights today. To/from all sorts of places. Flybe just aren’t as organised. 

Think idea is to offer transfers, stop people travelling to airports, hope people stay at home and avoid accommodation costs.

Problem has been that the disruption part of the Easy web site crashed.

Todays IoM cancellations were announced at 8pm yesterday. Sunday’s are still scheduled and taking bookings.

Im happy with EZY. Just got refunded my hotel and refreshments for my 48 hour enforced Gatwick stop over on 3-5 July. Nearly £600 on a £50 ticket. 

23 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Easy have cancelled 300 flights today. To/from all sorts of places. Flybe just aren’t as organised. 

Think idea is to offer transfers, stop people travelling to airports, hope people stay at home and avoid accommodation costs.

Todays IoM cancellations were announced at 8pm yesterday. Sunday’s are still scheduled and taking bookings.

Im happy with EZY. Just got refunded my hotel and refreshments for my 48 hour enforced Gatwick stop over on 3-5 July. Nearly £600 on a £50 ticket. 

As far as I know easyjet also announced cancellation  of Gatwick  flights for sunday.. 

58 minutes ago, John Wright said:

So how does this affect flight delay compensation especially as flybe are still travelling the same route ? 

32 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

As far as I know easyjet also announced cancellation  of Gatwick  flights for sunday.. 

It’s hard to tell. Liverpool is still available. Gatwick not available - which can mean cancelled or fully booked.

But if you’ve got a cancellation notice I've set out their commercial reasoning above. 

1 minute ago, floors4u said:

So how does this affect flight delay compensation especially as flybe are still travelling the same route ? 

They are offering refund or change flight free and hotel expenses. EU 261 probably not on offer as weather is outside their control.

Different planes have differing operational limits. What flybe do is irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

They are offering refund or change flight free and hotel expenses. EU 261 probably not on offer as weather is outside their control.

Different planes have differing operational limits. What flybe do is irrelevant.

ok , do you happen to know  if you can't get on the next flight with easyjet - will they reimburse a flight you are forced to take with flybe ?

1 minute ago, floors4u said:

I did , this is why I asked 

"It is unclear whether "the earliest opportunity" requires airlines to endorse a ticket onto another carrier."

They can’t/don’t endorse. 

1. you’ll get a refund on the unused leg.

2. You’d have to book yourself. May cost more or less than the refund.

3. If it costs more you could then try to claim back the difference. If you had good reason it may work. They’ll be difficult.

it took me 6 months to get my expenses back from a cancellation in early July. I would have used alternative routing if I could, but using a wheelchair and using special assistance requires 48 hours notice. The claim portal rejected my claim endless times. But as it was a largish sum I persevered. Their system had developed a glitch and  was adding a 0 at the start of each flight number with 3 digits. No such flight. So I entered 855, they received 0855. It’s because most of their non domestic flights are 4 digit. If the difference is only £20 you may not find it worth the effort.

I didn’t qualify for EU261. It was IoM ATC that caused cancellation. But they gave me 2 lots of vouchers, 1. for the shabby way I was treated at Gatwick on 3 & 4 July and 2. for the inconvenience in getting the claim processed.

Does that help?

I agree that EZY are OK. You just have to accept what it is and not expect miracles or cast iron guarantee of service. You can get very cheap flights. Cheaper in cash terms in many cases than the same flight over 30 years ago before passenger tax was heard of. You have to accept that sometimes there are very long delays and there are also cancellations. If an aircraft arrives at, say, Liverpool, an hour late, it seems very logical to cancel an Isle of Man return to get back on schedule.

Whereas weather might not get you EU compensation, where it can kick in is if they book you on to a subsequent flight and then there are further delays down to other factors such as ATC backlog, crew hours or bad positioning causIng inbound delays. I had this with Citywing a few years back and it took about 18 months to convince them they were at fault!

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

Whereas weather might not get you EU compensation, where it can kick in is if they book you on to a subsequent flight and then there are further delays down to other factors such as ATC backlog, crew hours or bad positioning causIng inbound delays. I had this with Citywing a few years back and it took about 18 months to convince them they were at fault!

speaking to  flybe flight crew earlier on , she told me the reason easyjet are so quick to cancel the iom flights is because unlike flybe they have no base here and won't risk flying in if they can'y fly out again. This is really not an excuse to relieve them of their compensation obligations 

Archived