Easyjet cancellations?

mad_manx

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Whereas weather might not get you EU compensation, where it can kick in is if they book you on to a subsequent flight and then there are further delays down to other factors such as ATC backlog, crew hours or bad positioning causIng inbound delays. I had this with Citywing a few years back and it took about 18 months to convince them they were at fault!

ATC backlog is not an easyJet problem and I doubt very much if they would compensate anyone because of that. It has to be the fault of the carrier to allow compensation to be claimed

1 minute ago, Amadeus said:

Conditions were atrocious earlier today. One of the Flybe flights did a go-around and went into a holding pattern for quite a while before trying again:

s://twitter.com/Amadeus_IOM/status/1228622845049221120?s=20

Well done that man 

1 hour ago, finlo said:

You'd think they would take that dip out of the runway at such an important international airport!

Sssh. It's the joint with the extension :lol:

11 hours ago, dilligaf said:

ATC backlog is not an easyJet problem and I doubt very much if they would compensate anyone because of that. It has to be the fault of the carrier to allow compensation to be claimed

They won’t.

But the EasyJet cancellations are down to two interrelated things.

1. Operational hours and permitted working hours and staff availability at Ronaldsway and issues with extending hours when flights are running late.

2. EasyJet scheduling at end of day knowing there is serious risk of 1. affecting those flights. And the later in the day the more likely that a plane will have increased likelihood of cumulative delay.

So it’s two deliberate decisions, by two different organisations, that give rise to the majority of cancellation, when it’s not down to tech or weather based cancellations.

A study of the statistics may give rise to an ability to claim based on foreseeable risk.

So cancellation of the late flights isn’t just about not getting in or out, or more profitable loads on other routes. It’s down to intensive plane use by budget airlines. That plane will be off elsewhere at 9.30pm and again at 5 or 6am. The crew hours limits may mean it can’t get away early the next morning if it overnights. No spare crew on Island. One plane stuck here overnight can have knock on effect on 4 or 5 return flights over the next 24 hours. Between 1500 and 1800 passengers.

Looks like the weather is probably going to be rubbish again  by the end of this week.:wacko:

I have to go across on Friday and  flybe seems to be more likely to fly .

Does anyone know if  the aircraft doing the 0950 to birmingham is based on the Island ?

From what little I know about aircraft and adverse  weather isnt take off  more easier than landing ?

6 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

Looks like the weather is probably going to be rubbish again  by the end of this week.:wacko:

Does anyone know if  the aircraft doing the 0950 to birmingham is based on the Island ?

From what little I know about aircraft and adverse  weather isnt take off  more easier than landing ?

Take off is indeed easier than landing. I’m currently in an airport hotel at Manchester hoping today’s flight home goes after the one yesterday was cancelled. So far the planes seem to be able to land at Ronaldsway, but they did yesterday morning too. 

If you want to be safer can’t you go to Manchester instead - from what I learned yesterday capacity is better and if one is bumped you’re more likely to get on the next one instead. Birmingham is one a day if I recall correctly. There are good rail links from Manchester. 

7 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Take off is indeed easier than landing. I’m currently in an airport hotel at Manchester hoping today’s flight home goes after the one yesterday was cancelled. So far the planes seem to be able to land at Ronaldsway, but they did yesterday morning too. 

If you want to be safer can’t you go to Manchester instead - from what I learned yesterday capacity is better and if one is bumped you’re more likely to get on the next one instead. Birmingham is one a day if I recall correctly. There are good rail links from Manchester. 

Have to be in london for a family event on Saturday and cannot miss that. That's why I chose Birminghan as there is a direct train to Euston and I can get there in just over an hour.

I'll probably book a ticket on a later MAN flight as a backup.

26 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

The BHX is done by an IOM based Q400 after it has done the early LPL rotation.

The same limits apply for take off and landing, but different considerations apply to both.

With a take off you will obviously be in the turbulent conditions for a much shorter period of time than on approach, this because the rate of climb will be about four or five times that of the rate of decent on final approach.

Take off on runway 21 here can be done in strong south west winds which would put runway 26 out of limits. However, for landing, the cloud will need to be up above 1000 feet due to the approach minima associated with that runway. As runway 21 is not grooved, maximum landing masses are severely limiting if the runway is wet. In those conditions you can’t land on it with a full passenger load with anything other than minimum fuel.  Both the Q400 and ATR can use it for take off, but only the Q400 can use it for landing. 

2 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

Have to be in london for a family event on Saturday and cannot miss that. That's why I chose Birminghan as there is a direct train to Euston and I can get there in just over an hour.

I'll probably book a ticket on a later MAN flight as a backup.

Go to Liverpool as your back up. Taxi to Runcorn Station. Train to Euston.

Archived