Easyjet cancellations?

mad_manx

55 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

isnt take off  more easier than landing ?

no,,  there are plenty of aircraft that have never managed to get off the ground   but there are no aircraft at all stuck up in the sky because they couldn't get down.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, John Wright said:

They won’t.

But the EasyJet cancellations are down to two interrelated things.

1. Operational hours and permitted working hours and staff availability at Ronaldsway and issues with extending hours when flights are running late.

2. EasyJet scheduling at end of day knowing there is serious risk of 1. affecting those flights. And the later in the day the more likely that a plane will have increased likelihood of cumulative delay.

So it’s two deliberate decisions, by two different organisations, that give rise to the majority of cancellation, when it’s not down to tech or weather based cancellations.

A study of the statistics may give rise to an ability to claim based on foreseeable risk.

So cancellation of the late flights isn’t just about not getting in or out, or more profitable loads on other routes. It’s down to intensive plane use by budget airlines. That plane will be off elsewhere at 9.30pm and again at 5 or 6am. The crew hours limits may mean it can’t get away early the next morning if it overnights. No spare crew on Island. One plane stuck here overnight can have knock on effect on 4 or 5 return flights over the next 24 hours. Between 1500 and 1800 passengers.

Do you work for Easyjet?

58 minutes ago, WTF said:

no,,  there are plenty of aircraft that have never managed to get off the ground   but there are no aircraft at all stuck up in the sky because they couldn't get down.

If the aircraft is based locally then I have better chances of getting off island on the first rotation of the aircraft off island. 

So I am planning to leave on the first liverpool flight on friday.

Thanks to John and madmanxpilot for the tips..

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

Go to Liverpool as your back up. Taxi to Runcorn Station. Train to Euston.

Liverpool South Parkway Station is a lot nearer to the airport, about a third of the distance to Runcorn. I appreciate that if it's morning rush hour you will be going towards the city, so you may lose what you gain at that time.

9 minutes ago, woolley said:

Liverpool South Parkway Station is a lot nearer to the airport, about a third of the distance to Runcorn. I appreciate that if it's morning rush hour you will be going towards the city, so you may lose what you gain at that time.

Mainline trains to London dont stop there though, they do at Runcorn.

4 hours ago, madmanxpilot said:

Take off on runway 21 here can be done in strong south west winds which would put runway 26 out of limits. However, for landing, the cloud will need to be up above 1000 feet due to the approach minima associated with that runway. As runway 21 is not grooved, maximum landing masses are severely limiting if the runway is wet. In those conditions you can’t land on it with a full passenger load with anything other than minimum fuel.  Both the Q400 and ATR can use it for take off, but only the Q400 can use it for landing. 

MMP. Often there are instances where flights cannot land due to poor visibility but they are taking off. I've experienced this when departing from Ronaldsway on various occasions, especially early mornings going way back to the Manx ATP days. Something that always makes me wonder is that if we can take off in those conditions, but not land, other than panic, what is the procedure if an emergency is declared on take off and you have to get back? It's seems like putting the aircraft into a vulnerable situation in fog with no alternative landing facility close by. Can you enlighten me?

7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Mainline trains to London dont stop there though, they do at Runcorn.

Yes they do.

OK.  Apologies. Just checked. They don't at all. They are marked as a change. :unsure: I thought I'd been direct from there. Thinking about it I have but it was when they had Lime St closed for refurb.

During summer when the fast craft is running I commute on the 7.07 (was Virgin now Avanti) that does not go via Birmingham neither do the return trains from Liverpool at IRC 47min past the hour. Trips via Birmingham add considerable extra time tho they may be cheaper. There is often an extra stop between Crewe (eg Rugby) and many London bound expresses call at Watford Junction.

14 minutes ago, Frances said:

Trips via Birmingham add considerable extra time tho they may be cheaper. 

This makes sense for me, I'm never in that much of a hurry so try to travel cheap. I've done it with (I think) West Midlands trains as that can be a lot cheaper than Virgin were.

Archived