Charles Lewin - Obituary

manxman1980

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, finlo said:

But we keep being told that we're all living longer and need to keep increasing the retirement age yada yada yada.

They just tell us that so they can keep state pensions the lowest in Western Europe and raid the NI Fund now & then

We should have semi-retirement beginning at 55

& permanent at 65

2 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

They just tell us that so they can keep state pensions the lowest in Western Europe and raid the NI Fund now & then

We should have semi-retirement beginning at 55

& permanent at 65

If we paid in more, that may work. Our contributions are not great tbh

1 minute ago, Mr Newbie said:

But then again much higher than most equivalent nations. 

But many of those pay a separate health ins payment, so I reckon it evens out. Sure one of our brainier posters will prove me wrong though

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

But many of those pay a separate health ins payment, so I reckon it evens out. Sure one of our brainier posters will prove me wrong though

No,

You're spot-on.

12 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

If we paid in more, that may work. Our contributions are not great tbh

If we weren't paying thousands of government worker's to fuck off in their 50's 40's even we'd have contributed plenty!

9 minutes ago, finlo said:

If we weren't paying thousands of government worker's to fuck off in their 50's 40's even we'd have contributed plenty!

Maybe some on their 50’s, but 40’s ?????

As I have often pointed out. In my time, most people felt being a Civil Servant was a shit job so they went into banking or accountancy. Maybe their package was not as good in the long run, even when their salary was better for many years. Who’s sorry now, as the song goes.?

15 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Maybe some on their 50’s, but 40’s ?????

As I have often pointed out. In my time, most people felt being a Civil Servant was a shit job so they went into banking or accountancy. Maybe their package was not as good in the long run, even when their salary was better for many years. How’s sorry now, as the song goes.?

Lot's of cop's are gone by 50 ask Derek and thats not a pop at Derek.

3 minutes ago, finlo said:

Lot's of cop's are gone by 50 ask Derek and thats not a pop at Derek.

I think Civil Servants have to put in 40 years at least, but police pay more in so can go earlier. I have no problem with that. I would not want their job

Archived