IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, asitis said:

Guernsey flights to Southampton resume next week by Aurigny I am told ! How does this dovetail with the Covid free policy ?

Starting 6/07 with a 7 day isolation trial so getting ready for borders reopening later on.

25 minutes ago, dreamon said:

At the moment the details of any self isolation requirement are far from clear:

https://covid19.gov.gg/guidance/travel

Looks fairly clear.  If you are coming in from anywhere other than another Guernsey island there is a need to self isolate for 14 days.  I assume the air corridor from IOM will be exempt too.

They are trialing 7 days shortly too.  Tested after day 7 and negative tests mean isolation isn't mandatory to 14 days. Makes sense.  I think we should be testing returnees on arrival and again after 7 days and releasing.

1 hour ago, quilp said:

This headline may alarm a few people...

20200629_121433.jpghttps://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/ramsey-grammar-preparing-for-second-wave-of-covid/

Just a cautionary measure I'm sure... 

Everyone is preparing for second wave, hospitals, food suppliers, PPE suppliers etc and everyone is hoping that one won't come. Bound to be some cases everywhere as lockdown long term is not an option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Looks fairly clear.  If you are coming in from anywhere other than another Guernsey island there is a need to self isolate for 14 days.  I assume the air corridor from IOM will be exempt too.

They are trialing 7 days shortly too.  Tested after day 7 and negative tests mean isolation isn't mandatory to 14 days. Makes sense.  I think we should be testing returnees on arrival and again after 7 days and releasing.

Hopefully this is also extended to key workers. Testing is very cheap and the IOM has had the capability to carry them "in house" for sometime now.

I could not understand why widespread testing of anyone who comes and goes had not been introduced earlier. It is an obvious way to make the quarantine less onerous and keep the isle functioning.

• Like 2

Just now, Foot Loose said:

Hopefully this is also extended to key workers. Testing is very cheap and the IOM has had the capability to carry them "in house" for sometime now.

I could not understand why widespread testing of anyone who comes and goes had not been introduced earlier. It is an obvious way to make the quarantine less onerous and keep the isle functioning.

Functioning?

12 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

They could keep them closed for ever too.  That's about as sensible.

As you seem so keen for the borders to open, why not avail yourself of the opportunity to buy a boat ticket and go. 

27 minutes ago, Foot Loose said:

I did not mean to be ironic. People need to be able to move in and out of the island for the island to be prosperous. Obviously.

In the long term, yes. Short term, they don't. 

Why not test every one as they enter. Request that they isolate for a couple of days until the results come through, then test after day 4. Most people would happily pay £100 not to isolate for 14 day.

Don't understand the problem doing this.

1 hour ago, winnie said:

Why not test every one as they enter. Request that they isolate for a couple of days until the results come through, then test after day 4. Most people would happily pay £100 not to isolate for 14 day.

Don't understand the problem doing this.

I concur (although I'd be a little more cautious and have the second test after day 7). If you get two consecutive negative tests a week apart, you're very likely to not have the disease.

Allowing people to leave quarantine sooner - after completing two negative tests - will be good for the Manx people who can get back to work, reducing the risk of domestic violence and depression, and helping our island to rebound sooner. By adding in the testing requirement, this might actually mean our island is safer than the current no-testing regime.