IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Yes it’s genuine it was on local media sites as well, however the Mail have now named his girlfriend as well as showing several pictures showing off her attributes!!

You do hope the young lady got paid for that, but knowing the Mail they probably stole it off social media and the rest of the story from elsewhere.  What's fascinating to observe with this story is just how little original reporting there has been (even for his own local paper in Irvine).  Only the New York Times seemed to make any effort, which highlights how useless the British media are.

Incidentally I think he is wearing gloves in those photos, but the are light-coloured.

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

Anyone else fail to recognise exactly where that picture was taken which is supposed to be when he arrived ? ... I don't recall a backdrop like that anywhere near Ramsey.

20 minutes ago, VikingRaider said:

Anyone else fail to recognise exactly where that picture was taken which is supposed to be when he arrived ? ... I don't recall a backdrop like that anywhere near Ramsey.

could be the harbour wall at low tide...

25 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

You do hope the young lady got paid for that, but knowing the Mail they probably stole it off social media and the rest of the story from elsewhere.  What's fascinating to observe with this story is just how little original reporting there has been (even for his own local paper in Irvine).  Only the New York Times seemed to make any effort, which highlights how useless the British media are.

Incidentally I think he is wearing gloves in those photos, but the are light-coloured.

They are on her FB profile

31 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Only the New York Times seemed to make any effort, which highlights how useless the British media are.

Well the story did make an appearance in that bastion of unbiased and fair journalism that is the Guardian...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/15/man-who-rode-jetski-from-scotland-to-isle-of-man-to-see-girlfriend-jailed-for-covid-breach

1 hour ago, VikingRaider said:

If you visited more often then your recollection would be better.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, quilp said:

Well the story did make an appearance in that bastion of unbiased and fair journalism that is the Guardian...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/15/man-who-rode-jetski-from-scotland-to-isle-of-man-to-see-girlfriend-jailed-for-covid-breach

They did sod all extra reporting as well (though they did at least credit the BBC).  It was actually one of their most popular website stories yesterday, though they dropped it off the front page fairly quickly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quilp said:

Damascene conversion, Quilp?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's not stealing if she puts up photos on a publically accessed social media platform though is it? Plus, she's showing cleavage....big fucken deal and she's probably a right munter when you strip away the make-up, not that she's owt to look at with make-up on...and lastly, she's probably got the IQ of an earthworm..so all in all, fuck all.

Interesting pieces from the news item.

He is reported to have had only 10 minutes worth of fuel left. I'm amazed he had that much.

The other,

"Speaking at her home in Irvine last night, McLaughlan's mother Allison told the Daily Record: 'I didn't even know about the jet ski. I just don't know why he did it – he could have killed himself.'

Miss McLaughlan added: 'He'll be missing his kids over Christmas.'"

15 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

No she won't, read the small print from tbe social media platforms, as soon as you post any and all photos tbey become the sole (not shared even) property of the social medoa platform owners.

From Facebook T&Cs:

You own the intellectual property rights (things such as copyright or trademarks) in any such content that you create and share on Facebook 

• Like 2