IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Whilst Ewart said doctors etc continuing as they are , the GPs have been ringing round tonight cancelling appointments & only telephone calls unless deemed critical by GP

My partner is an optician and they've been told by DHSC to remain open during the lockdown conducting routine face to face tests etc. They were told to close last time round.

Edited by jaymann

2 minutes ago, jaymann said:

My partner is an optician and they've been told by DHSC to remain open during the lockdown conducting routine face to face tests etc. They were told to close last time round.

Maybe it’s just some GP practices ? If there’s such a massive concern over 12 cases surely all face to face should stop or is the lockdown OTT?

4 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Dentists too, I think?

38 minutes ago, Banker said:

There’s another briefing tomorrow so hopefully they will clarify things like face masks outside, visiting to provide care etc

Seems pretty clear to me. Do you need a translation into Guernseyish?

• You will be able to go outside for exercise once a day. But we will not limit how long for. But it can only be with people from your household. We would ask you to do your best to avoid any crowded area. And you must wear a face covering.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Stay at home, 2m social distancing, no gathering outside of the household.

Outside for exercise once a day, with people from your household.

Avoid crowded areas, and you must wear a face covering.

No weddings or worship. Funerals down to 10 people with face coverings and social distancing

Work from home by Thursday, employers must facilitate.

No non-emergency construction. Manufacturing needs to have social distancing and other measures in place.

Closure of schools and nurseries, with hub schools for vulnerable and essential by the end of the week. School attendance is no longer mandatory.

Hospitality closed from 00:01 Thursday. Takeaway. Non essential shops closed at the end of business tomorrow.

Hardware and garden centres can stay open. Everywhere else bar pharmacies and supermarkets must shut.

Where did it all go wrong ?