IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I was given ‘essential key worker’ status in my job during the 1st lockdown, I even required a letter in case I was pulled over during the ‘Stay Safe - Stay at Home’ lockdown phase. My job wasn’t essential in the slightest, it was in manufacturing, but for as long as we socially distanced where possible it was deemed acceptable, I should say that social distancing wasn’t always possible but was still deemed safe for as long as we wore a mask.

So key worker status is given to anyone who can’t work from home and isn’t on the government list to stop working, this time round it also includes those who would have previously been told to stop working, the Tradies alone will put hundreds of kids in school that would otherwise be at home.

I got sent this and told I had to state which criteria I filled, if any. 

0CB3B48E-8FA4-44A5-B3A3-A06711EB6F93.jpeg

3 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

I don't get either. Life's not fair.

It isn’t. Everyone should either get £280 a week if employed or £200 if self employed if they are put in a position that they can’t work. End of story. 

Edited by CowMan
Typo
  • Like 3

Just now, alpha-acid said:

How can they the schools are closed

Well they are now, just means the problem will spread a bit wider now, the kids will be left with other family instead, nieces, uncles, grandparents, cousins etc if the government don’t have financial support in place for these people then they have to carrying on working as best as they can.

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Well they are now, just means the problem will spread a bit wider now, the kids will be left with other family instead, nieces, uncles, grandparents, cousins etc if the government don’t have financial support in place for these people then they have to carrying on working as best as they can.

How does the isolation work with that though . Kids getting farmed out willynilly is not sustainable I wouldnt have thought . 

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

With the amount of cases about...handing the kids to Granny isn't a good plan IMO.

Let's hope we don't have too many critical staff shortages as a result of thesee close downs.

• Like 3

Just now, Numbnuts said:

Not to bad if you work for Government though ! Some will be coining it in . Apparently loads are going to be working 12 hr shifts over the weekend on 111 desk ! 

I would be very surprised if the govt will be paying them overtime. It'll be flexitime where they can accrue a maximum of 3 days worth. After that all the time they work is essentially unpaid. But if they are being paid overtime then needs must.

Funny how Quayle detests social media but is totally reliant on it to get news out as clearly they have no infrastructure in place to get the info out to those who need to hear it. A friend found out her child minding business has to close tomorrow on Social media but nothing officially despite the fact shes registered .  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Numbnuts said:

Funny how Quayle detests social media but is totally reliant on it to get news out as clearly they have no infrastructure in place to get the info out to those who need to hear it. A friend found out her child minding business has to close tomorrow on Social media but nothing officially despite the fact shes registered .  

It's 11pm at night.  What the fuck do you expect?

2 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

With the amount of cases about...handing the kids to Granny isn't a good plan IMO.

Let's hope we don't have too many critical staff shortages as a result of thesee close downs.

Hopefully some of the grandparents have now had both vaccines, otherwise it’s a lose/lose situation.

2 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Just seen a post along similar lines, child minder looking after 3 key workers kids tomorrow morning and now both unable to help and effectively unemployed in the space of a few minutes.

• Like 1

Just now, Albert Tatlock said:

Most grandparents of school age kids are likely in the 45 to 65 groups.

I’d probably say 60+ most grandparents have to reach retired status before they can look after the grandkids full time, many will have other health conditions that have lead them to be vaccinated, but that doesn’t help everyone.