IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I prefer the Patient Access app simply because it provides more bells and whistles. And I'm guessing that the EMIS/NHS system will have the vaccine passport info to start with and I guess the PA app will pull the same data eventually at some point.

I've just noticed that I can't book appointments on anymore. That was the most useful bit

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kevster said:

I've just noticed that I can't book appointments on anymore. That was the most useful bit

I think that's down to GP practices wanting to "vet" anyone wanting an appointment and seeing if a phone consultation would suffice. I'd expect it to return later this year

ETA to protect the practice from Covid

Edited by The Old Git
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Banker said:

That can’t be right, Cambon said it won’t happen, however he also said IOM borders won’t open until September 😂

The NHS Test and Trace app will become Britons' vaccine passport for international travel, a minster has confirmed as it emerged green-list countries will be announced at the beginning of May. 

Transport Minister Grant Shapps told Sky News:  "I can confirm we are working on an NHS application actually, it will be the actual app [Test and Trace] and it will be the NHS app that is used for people when they book appointments with the NHS and so on, to be able to show that you've had a vaccine or that you've had testing, and I'm working internationally with partners across the world, to make sure that that system can be internationally recognised."

You are making things up, again. I said vaccine passports will not be required to go to pubs and restaurants, and they are not. I said vaccine passports are not really required for international travel, and they really are not. You get yourself vaccinated to protect yourself. If you don't or cannot be vaccinated, then you alone take the risks.

Regarding borders, I said IoM borders would be eased from July, but don't expect any international travel until September. I stand by that. Only a few imbeciles will venture abroad this summer. Many will be caught out on positive tests upon return and have to isolate, blaming the government for their stupidity and wanting compensation, etc. 

Grant Shapps will start to announce "green countries" where people can travel from next week. But, don't expect there to be many. 

Enjoy your holiday! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

I’m speaking to you from an absolutely chocka Douglas coffee emporium. Not a mask in sight!

You’d be sweating .....

Ahh..funnily enough I'm in one just now too. Lunchbreak coffee. It might be the same place.
At 15 minutes past two exactly, I shall stand up and say in a loud voice "Nom de plume" under a cough. Give me a wave our kid (or cough back "fu....cough Barlow")

• Haha 1

Just now, Barlow said:

Ahh..funnily enough I'm in one just now too. Lunchbreak coffee. It might be the same place.
At 15 minutes past two exactly, I shall stand up and say in a loud voice "Nom de plume" under a cough. Give me a wave our kid (or cough back "fu....cough Barlow")

I’m here ...

I’m ready ...

I’ll cough ...

Into my mask ...

😉

57 minutes ago, Barlow said:

55 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I’m here ...

I’m ready ...

I’ll cough ...

Into my mask ...

😉

and......

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

It's been known from day one that none of the vaccines provide immediate immunity. 

Vaccine IS the way out. There will always be some that slip through the net, in pretty much the same way as the influenza.

3 hours ago, madmanxpilot said:

There has been a significant difference up until relatively recently: it's the fact that we only have one (proper) hospital. 

Mass vaccination means that infections are leading to fewer serious illnesses, we are now in a much better position to cope with what we've got.

It can only be the variants that put some sand in the oil now, but they seem to be staying in abeyance and will hopefully be put to bed once and for all when the boosters are available and more of the global population is immunised.

It's all looking very rosy.

I agree. My point is that even the CEO of Pfizer thinks that the antibodies produced by their vaccine will reduce over time to the point where people will need to get booster shots every 6 months or so. There is also every chance that the virus will mutate somewhere in the world in such a way that the annual booster shots will need to be configured significantly different to the current configurations.

Of course, vaccines are crucial in defeating Covid. But, as the BBC article points out, so too are social distancing, face coverings and hand sanitising. 

6 hours ago, Gladys said:

download.jpeg.jpg

Yep, if you're on a table near me, you drink your coffee with your mask on, or I'll call the police.

Edited by Barlow
  • Haha 1