IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

IOM bank closed again for “cleaning”

When is this madness going to end?  What possible difference do they think closing early to clean is going to make?

Can I claim back from them any money I intended to bank in there and am now likely to spend in the reopened pigeon?

Surely the days of deep cleans every time someone in a building tests positive are long gone? I don’t get it u less they are actually trying to close all branches by stealth?

Rumour I heard years ago now, was that RBS wanted to pull out of here lock, stock and barrel. They closed Coutts and moved the business. Closed Nat West. Closed RBS. Closed most IOMB branches. And, I have heard that the Isle of Man Bank trading name is up for sale. 

5 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

140 new cases , 8 in hospital and 1 in ICU . worrying trend 

Figures don't add up again. This time, I cannot reconcile it. It no longer makes sense. Total cases investigated has only gone up by 85. 

Good to see see so many recoveries though. 

Edited by Cambon
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, immortalpuppet said:

@BenFairfax - genuinely curious, as you seem to have a very bold statement using your numbers around the future timeline of our current Covid “wave”, has your modelling been accurate to date?

Is there a simple graphical format an idiot such as myself could follow depicting your timeline, the factual timeline?

Thanks

The information to noise ratio does not warrant a reply.

I wasn’t able to get hold of any LFT tests again today, are you actually supposed to queue up first thing in these places just to get hold of some?Tried Ramsey town hall and Parliament  St Lloyds today, neither had any in stock, this was after I saw a post on FB this morning to say some have been delivered.

Oh well, day 8 with a slight headache, slightly sore throat and slight chest pain.

9 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Rumour I heard years ago now, was that RBS wanted to pull out of here lock, stock and barrel. They closed Coutts and moved the business. Closed Nat West. Closed RBS. Closed most IOMB branches. And, I have heard that the Isle of Man Bank trading name is up for sale. 

Eh? Coutts, NW and RBS are all still here?

5 minutes ago, BenFairfax said:

The information to noise ratio does not warrant a reply.

Seemed a genuine question, first time I’ve seen Immortalpuppet ask you any questions on here and you’ve just dismissed him, you really do yourself no favours whatsoever. 

• Like 1

I tried looking at the model on Google docs but it’s all Greek to me. Today is day 34 if June 26th was day 0 or whatever.

The request was genuine to see if the modelling is matching up to the reported stats.

Part of the reason for my curiosity is around the shift to LFT and people either succumbing to symptoms and riding it out without testing as they don’t want to SI or they use an LFT pathway without calling 111 so they don’t become a statistic on the dashboard. 

With the above, projected hospital admissions may be one of the only visible markers if that’s such a thing.

Edited by immortalpuppet
Spells
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Figures don't add up again. This time, I cannot reconcile it. It no longer makes sense. Total cases investigated has only gone up by 85. 

Good to see see so many recoveries though. 

For the life of me I dont get the figures and how they never reconcile. And whats worse no credible explanation that stands up to scrutiny. Its almost like a hot potato that nobodys  willing to take on board . But yes great to see the recovery numbers .  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Didn't they say they were being updated twice a day now? You might have to add two sets together.

Today's bulletin from the Wonderful World of Manx Government Maths:

'Investigated cases': 3842 - 3758  = 84 (Increase in cases)

Active cases: 2020 - (2474 -  (1819 - 1280) [Recovered]) 

= 2020 - 2474 + 539  = 84 (New cases before taking off recoveries)

Official new cases = 140

As the last few days the investigated and active case increases agree - they then produce a figure for new cases that is this time a fair bit higher.

The 'recovered' cases don't make any sense either.  There was a bit of a backlog but not this high.  I can only assume that they have arbitrarily decided to change the recovered period from 14 days to 10 or less, despite no change in clinical evidence.

The increase in tests (96001 - 95308 = 693), is similar to what we have seen recently, though below capacity.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I can only assume that they have arbitrarily decided to change the recovered period from 14 days to 10 or less, despite no change in clinical evidence.

That was my thought last week, the cases are dropping off a lot quicker than they went on.