B&Q reopen date?

Golfer

15 hours ago, ecobob said:

I'm in desperate need of half a bag of cement.  Or even a third of a bag. Still can't leave the house tho. Do any of you chaps know somewhere that might deliver me enough to get my back passage finished?  I have sand, I have Manx stone, I just need something to stick it together a bit. 

Northern Fuels facebook page mentioned they had some.Don’t know about delivery.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/26/2020 at 4:35 PM, GillR said:

Feel I have been waiting a lifetime for B&Q! A LOT of other stores in UK are open according to website!!

We are not in the UK. The UK decides what is best for itself, as does the Isle of Man.

The Isle of Man decides when the opening of B&Q is in the needs of the island.

Your personal needs are not a priority for Island life.

The Island existed quite sucessfully before B&Q arrived and will also do so if it decides to leave.

Find an alternative source for your purchases or move to area in the UK which is has an open B&Q store.

15 minutes ago, ecobob said:

It's opening tomorrow.  I predict pandemonium on the roads.

If it is, it's sad. Overpriced, low grade tat. You get better quality materials online or from your local builder's merchant, timber in particular, for less wonga, because B&Q aren't cheap by any measure. Sorry, not a fan.

1 minute ago, finlo said:

It's somewhere to go on a "Manx" day out!

If it's got to that stage then it's sadder than I'd even imagined :lol:

52 minutes ago, squelch said:

We are not in the UK. The UK decides what is best for itself, as does the Isle of Man.

The Isle of Man decides when the opening of B&Q is in the needs of the island.

As I have been wearily pointing out on here for weeks, B&Q could have opened on the Island at any time because Builders Merchants and hardware stores were always allowed to open.  If it has been shut, then that is because B&Q management in the UK decided that it should.  It has nothing to do with the Isle of Man government.

If it is opening tomorrow that is because the UK has restarted its building trade and this means that it is worthwhile for the company to rev up its supply chain.

7 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

If it is, it's sad. Overpriced, low grade tat. You get better quality materials online or from your local builder's merchant, timber in particular, for less wonga, because B&Q aren't cheap by any measure. Sorry, not a fan.

I agree; but the one thing that they do a million times better than builders merchants is customer service.

I'm a fairly handy DIY'er and will tackle most jobs but a few times in various builders merchants I've been made to feel like an idiot because I need a bit of help identifying exactly what it is that I want; there's one place that I now boycott (and encourage others to do so) due to the way they treated my wife a few years ago. I want to be able to have a good browse and know how much something is going to cost me before I'm presented with the bill.

The exception (in my experience) being Haldanes who've always been very helpful with the lads on the desk happy to spend time going through my requirements; I still wish they'd put bloody price tags on though.

23 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

I agree; but the one thing that they do a million times better than builders merchants is customer service.

I'm a fairly handy DIY'er and will tackle most jobs but a few times in various builders merchants I've been made to feel like an idiot because I need a bit of help identifying exactly what it is that I want; there's one place that I now boycott (and encourage others to do so) due to the way they treated my wife a few years ago. I want to be able to have a good browse and know how much something is going to cost me before I'm presented with the bill.

The exception (in my experience) being Haldanes who've always been very helpful with the lads on the desk happy to spend time going through my requirements; I still wish they'd put bloody price tags on though.

Agreed, their customer service is brilliant, hence why I’m waiting to use them - big chain or not. Hard to support local when some merchants are such tossers... 

Archived