B&Q reopen date?

Golfer

I went to B&Q yesterday, it was pandemonium! Too many people in the shop, queues up the entirety of the hardware aisles and people standing around chatting to their mates blocking the one way systems - walked in, couldn’t get past the queue to get to the shelving area so tried to get out but was blocked by stupid people chatting to their mates - wankers!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 2bees said:

I went to B&Q yesterday, it was pandemonium! Too many people in the shop, queues up the entirety of the hardware aisles and people standing around chatting to their mates blocking the one way systems - walked in, couldn’t get past the queue to get to the shelving area so tried to get out but was blocked by stupid people chatting to their mates - wankers!

Had a look yesterday and decided not to bother it was that bad.   The police are making sure that 40mph limit is reducing the virus spread.

1 hour ago, 2bees said:

so in short , there were too many wankers where you wanted to be to add to the numbers ?

Yes. Some people are stupid and selfish. I got stuck behind a chap who spent 10mins looking at the same box of screws. B&q need to give customers more advice about keeping moving or ( as previous commenters have said) it's not a safe place to visit. We have to support retailers who are trying and be constructive with views and observations

16 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Yes. Some people are stupid and selfish. I got stuck behind a chap who spent 10mins looking at the same box of screws. B&q need to give customers more advice about keeping moving etc

A shop like B&Q is never going to "keep moving". People often go to DIY stores to browse and consider before buying. Looking helps them decide. Often they don't know what they want. Sometimes they will be hoping that looking will help them figure out how / whether they can do a job (- or botch it up more likely).

If people knew exactly what sort of screws / plumbing bits / electrical gubbins / varnish etc they wanted then they would go to a trade counter or order direct online.

I went in there yesterday afternoon. It was relatively busy with a queue snaking around a couple of aisles, though because of the space between everyone, the queue looks longer than might initially appear. They're operating a one-in, one-out approach and its quite well organised. I did pass a couple of people who were chatting to each other at the end of an aisle. They didn't appear to be noticeably unpleasant nor masturbating. Customers generally acting as requested, maybe a couple of people briefly forgetting the arrows as they spot things when passing the end of an aisle, but didn't seem to be lots of it. Staff appeared to be in good spirits directing people whilst they're getting used to the new approach. All seemed ok and probably something we need to get used to. 

1 hour ago, rcostain said:

I went in there yesterday afternoon. It was relatively busy with a queue snaking around a couple of aisles, though because of the space between everyone, the queue looks longer than might initially appear. They're operating a one-in, one-out approach and its quite well organised. I did pass a couple of people who were chatting to each other at the end of an aisle. They didn't appear to be noticeably unpleasant nor masturbating. Customers generally acting as requested, maybe a couple of people briefly forgetting the arrows as they spot things when passing the end of an aisle, but didn't seem to be lots of it. Staff appeared to be in good spirits directing people whilst they're getting used to the new approach. All seemed ok and probably something we need to get used to. 

Same for me I was in a co op yesterday a woman in front of me was stopping at every fridge I just said excuse me and walked past her. People are getting so worked up about social distancing they think that if they get within 2 metres of someone for a second they will catch something 

The queue does subside quickly though. Just a shame that the queue for the till snakes down half the shop. Pity it cant be routed differently to allow people to shop without holding everyone else up.

Archived