Cannabis - Time for a re-think?

Neil Down

4 hours ago, Apple said:

...drug addicts and their families ?

...alcohol sales ?

...drivers concentration levels ?

...interactions with prescribed medications ?

...prodromal conditions ?

With your outlook, you are David Anderson and I claim my £10

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Apple said:

...drug addicts and their families ?

...alcohol sales ?

...drivers concentration levels ?

...interactions with prescribed medications ?

...prodromal conditions ?

With your first point I'd argue legal recreational cannabis would actually help drug addicts and their families

Your second point, well personally I love a few drinks at the same time as a spliff and am more likely to buy something a little fancier if I'm smoking. Got no weed I may as well just nail 10 stellas.

Smoking and driving is stupid so yeah

Can't comment on the other two.

21 hours ago, mannin said:

Glass houses are generally for lower grade grows, as the IOM initially is looking at medical grade for export it's implicit that high quality and provenance are a what they hope will set up apart from other jurisdictions.

IOMG/DfE wouldn't recognise the fact that quality needs a legislative framework to go with it. DfE will wing it, as usual.

21 hours ago, mannin said:

The regulators will need to be sure that grows will be fully controlled for quality and auditability. 

Glass houses are generally for lower grade grows, as the IOM initially is looking at medical grade for export it's implicit that high quality and provenance are a what they hope will set up apart from other jurisdictions.

Are either of those classed as grown outdoors? It certainly suggests greenhouse rather than lab grade.

For stability and standardisation of crop and quality, it is likely that the medicinal cannabis will be grown indoors under lights and probably hydroponically. This way, heat, humidity, feed and colour of light (important) can be controlled. And of course making it easier to secure.

• Like 1