TT 2022 ??

Barlow

3 minutes ago, paswt said:

I have not tried to pillory anyone , as an ex H&S enforcing inspector I take the view that accidents are not attributed to just one failure but a series and perhaps it would be useful for all members of the team to have  all the facts and the 'teams' answer to prevent a reoccurrence .

I marshal and I'm aware that I may not be considered to be part of that team so I'll never know what happened .

Sorry paswt, I wasn't meaning that you were doing the pillorieing, you are right though, most accidents have more than one cause or have a series of unfortunate circumstances coming together all at once. 

I don't think anyone outside of those involved will get to know everything which happened, even then they probably only know part of the story? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paswt said:

Not strictly true Derek, if there was only one rider involved then I'm  told there  is no need for an immediate visit by the police.

If two or more riders were involved then I'm told a possible manslaughter charge could follow which would necessitate a police investigation.

There have been 2 fatals (where no other rider was involved) at my marshalling point , a visit was made by a police officer the following day and after confirmation that no other rider was involved  drove off .

Just saying

I made no comment on the official driving the car.

:flowers:

Well in 18 years of policing the even I can never recall a racing incident involving a fatality, or being of such magnitude that mortality may follow, where the police have not attended proximate to the event.

the coroner would have ripped us a new one otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Well in 18 years of policing the even I can never recall a racing incident involving a fatality, or being of such magnitude that mortality may follow, where the police have not attended proximate to the event.

Apart from the one in Kirk Michael where they bagged him and tucked him in behind the garden wall……

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Apart from the one in Kirk Michael where they bagged him and tucked him in behind the garden wall……

Even then the police attended, via the coast road. In fact they were probably already there as I think this was before the Police withdrew from being stationed around the course?

Edited by Max Power

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

Even then the police attended, via the coast road. 

Maybe they did but putting him “out of sight” of fans and riders but in full view of the occupants and neighbours  so the races can continue is where on your “The TT is amazing scale” ?

Out of 100 I’m a 1 at best.

It is an event that when you take off the Rose Coloured Specs some staunch supporters/ participants / helpers / people who live with consequence like yourself cannot view objectively.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Maybe they did but putting him “out of sight” of fans and riders but in full view of the occupants and neighbours  so the races can continue is where on your “The TT is amazing scale” ?

Out of 100 I’m a 1 at best.

It is an event that when you take off the Rose Coloured Specs some staunch supporters/ participants / helpers / people who live with consequence like yourself cannot view objectively.

The family gave permission, they were asked, he was being collected. When the press got involved it was suddenly a problem. What would you have done in the circumstances?

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

The family gave permission, they were asked, he was being collected. When the press got involved it was suddenly a problem. What would you have done in the circumstances?

I would have stopped the race sent the riders back against the natural direction of the course - asked a couple of drivers in fast cars to hoof it up there - care at Ballig - because CI Derek says preserve the scene - come back a couple of years later after keeping my head down, possibly tell the CSM on the Mountain to clear off - rub my hands together and shout “NOTHING TO SEE HERE”

That is what I would have done 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Suspended racing indefinitely, had the incident investigated by the police. The body placed in a bodybag and respectfully taken to the mortuary, cleaned the crash site and only then think about restarting racing. 

But then I don't have the same affinity for 'the races' 

It must have been a surreal conversation though...

Marshall: *knocks on door* "excuse me, we've got a dead body would you mind if we stick it in your garden so we can get on with the racing?" 

Householder: "Erm sure why not?!"

Edited by 0bserver
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

I don't know all the details but hypothetically, if you were a marshal, or in a group of marshals, and you accidentally released riders resulting in the accident, I'm not sure that you would want to be named publicly?

But no one is saying that the marshals involved should be publicly named.  Referring by role, anonymised to avoid ambiguity (eg marshal X, marshal Y) would be the normal way to do things in an accident report.  Of course those involved at the scene would know the identities - but they do already.

Without knowing what happened and the mistakes (nearly always plural) that were made, how do people know that lessons have genuinely been learned and corrective actions taken - and assess those actions to see if they are sufficient?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

Have PM'd you with details of the two fatal incidents when the police did not attend until the following day.

Edited by paswt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Max Power said:

Sorry paswt, I wasn't meaning that you were doing the pillorieing, you are right though, most accidents have more than one cause or have a series of unfortunate circumstances coming together all at once. 

I don't think anyone outside of those involved will get to know everything which happened, even then they probably only know part of the story? 

You, nevertheless, have drawn a conclusion as to who hit whom

Edited by milestone 11
Punctuation

2 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

I would guess that Derek is correct.

For example,

Say a TT rider is shagging your wife and you find out.

You decide to shoot him with a sniper rifle while he is riding the TT as cover for your murder.

That is the kind of shit I think the Police have to take into account?

So the cause of death identified as the result of the inquest would be death by shooting ,   there would be witnesses ,  Boris you have too many conspiracy theories  , this is a serious issue ,