Airport.

Billy kettlefish

13 hours ago, Cinderella said:

ATC issues still happening at airport. Get on Aer Lingus flight, ready to go. Nothing. Pilot came on to say they had to sit for 15 mins waiting for ATC. This must drive airlines mad - they need quick turnarounds. 

13 hours ago, Cinderella said:

ATC issues still happening at airport. Get on Aer Lingus flight, ready to go. Nothing. Pilot came on to say they had to sit for 15 mins waiting for ATC. This must drive airlines mad - they need quick turnarounds. 

I had the same issues on Thursday with Easyjet 11 45 Manchester flight. Scheduled on time but when boarded the aircraft 3/4 hr late pilot informed passengers they had to wait in Liverpool then circle at Ronaldsway till the ATC had finished there break. In the big scheme of things not a big delay but still annoying as to the reason. Also apparently one of the ATC finishing his training is not on any contract to remain at Ronaldsway when he gets his final sign off in the next few months . Not from here so why would he stay ? 

4 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

I had the same issues on Thursday with Easyjet 11 45 Manchester flight. Scheduled on time but when boarded the aircraft 3/4 hr late pilot informed passengers they had to wait in Liverpool then circle at Ronaldsway till the ATC had finished there break. In the big scheme of things not a big delay but still annoying as to the reason. Also apparently one of the ATC finishing his training is not on any contract to remain at Ronaldsway when he gets his final sign off in the next few months . Not from here so why would he stay ? 

Because of the outpouring of love from the GMP when the closures are lifted due to him being signed off?

6 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

He certainly won't stay and work in that atmosphere !

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Giggleberrys said:

Because of the outpouring of love from the GMP when the closures are lifted due to him being signed off?

Please don’t confuse my post with criticism of our ATC. I have great sympathy for them and if they have break entitlements then so be it. Any anger I have is directed at the previous Management and government dept responsible .  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Please don’t confuse my post with criticism of our ATC. I have great sympathy for them and if they have break entitlements then so be it. Any anger I have is directed at the previous Management and government dept responsible .  

I beleive recruitment and training are a UK wide problem.

https://inews.co.uk/news/consumer/disruption-air-traffic-control-shortage-2896417

Then add in the necessary relocation to the island and all that it entails.

NATS expects a huge chunk of its team – 25 to 35 per cent of controllers – to retire between the start of last year and the end of 2027. 

Pity they can't use the ever increasing passenger duty to increase pay to improve and staffing and retention levels.

18 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

I beleive recruitment and training are a UK wide problem.

https://inews.co.uk/news/consumer/disruption-air-traffic-control-shortage-2896417

Then add in the necessary relocation to the island and all that it entails.

NATS expects a huge chunk of its team – 25 to 35 per cent of controllers – to retire between the start of last year and the end of 2027. 

Pity they can't use the ever increasing passenger duty to increase pay to improve and staffing and retention levels.

This is why airports are looking at remote ATC

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lfc84 said:

This is why airports are looking at remote ATC

Perfect ! HIAL fucked that up in Scotland and wasted long millions for nothing !,  They need to crack on with it here ! Cobb could appear at another enquiry !

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

Rumour has it another A.T.C has resigned, if so that’s not good with the busier summer season approaching.

I'm led to believe there is a root cause, people know what it is !

• Thanks 1