Airport.

Billy kettlefish

5 hours ago, IOM said:

Am not sure when you have been but every time I go through the airport ( and that’s reasonably frequently) I personally find the Costa staff are always pleasant . 

Depends on what time you go through there.

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

Depends on what time you go through there.

Fair enough I am usually going through in the morning. On one occasion recently a lady  ( customer ) accidentally knocked her coffee over . Within a flash the Costa assistant was on the other side of the counter in seconds with a huge mop . The other Costa assistant prepared another coffee for her the whole mess was cleared in less than 2 minutes and everyone was very happy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It's art. 

Absolutely. You went through any number of cans of Heineken and Grolsch and Budweiser before you arrived at the correct colour combination. Dedication. Those railings....

On 5/9/2024 at 1:06 PM, piebaps said:

Boo hoo, the snobby lounge is closed. Oh woe is me.

Boo hoo, airport coffee is dear. Oh woe is me.

Boo hoo, the website doesn't meet my expectations. Oh woe is me.

You can always tell when a jet full of English* have landed. The whining continues after the engines stop.

*Obvs not Amadeus, but at least the bins are emptied weekly😂

Well excuse me for expecting the first and last touch point for most visitors to be of a certain standard so it leaves the right impression. I’ve literally been to third world province airports that were nicer and better run than Reynoldsway Heathrow on Sea. For the money they wasted on it so she got a nice CV, the place should be all singing and dancing.

And fun fact: I like lounges. They make travel that bit more comfortable and allow me to work. Same for many other business travelers who are used to a decent experience - until they come here, that is. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Another Sunday with the 2x 90 minute apart Heathrow flights combined into one.

The two Sunday morning flights make no sense other than for slot management. Equally the weekly schedule with it leaving at 9.45am as compared to 11.45am previously is similarly strange as it is going head to head with EasyJet Gatwick . 

On 5/9/2024 at 1:29 PM, IOM said:

Am not sure when you have been but every time I go through the airport ( and that’s reasonably frequently) I personally find the Costa staff are always pleasant

Also agreed - credit where it’s due…

• Like 1

On 5/12/2024 at 11:37 AM, swoopy2110 said:

Another Sunday with the 2x 90 minute apart Heathrow flights combined into one.

I booked the 9am one for a trip in November a couple of days ago.  Wiithin 24 hrs I received an email to advise that I have now been moved to the 12 one! 

1 minute ago, The Phantom said:

I booked the 9am one for a trip in November a couple of days ago.  Wiithin 24 hrs I received an email to advise that I have now been moved to the 12 one! 

Looks like they've binned off the 2 flights on a Saturday (that were 3 hours apart) and the 2 flights on Sunday (there were only 90 mins apart).