Covid Deniers and Anti Vaxxers

John Wright

1 hour ago, Ann said:

2. Never before in the history of infectious disease medicine has a state or politicians recommended systematic vaccinations for billions of people on the planet for a disease whose mortality rate is now 0.05%. That’s a very low mortality rate!

It's a low mortality rate because so many people have been vaccinated.

• Like 2

What I don't understand about anti-vaxers is that they ignore the huge benefits the old vaccines have had -  polio, small pox, even mumps and measles -  and that was from a time when the knowledge was pretty rudimentary. 

I had mumps and measles as a child, both were very nasty so much so I can remember being very ill with them.  The usual childhood diseases from when I was a child are very much history now.  Why? Vaccine, improved nutrition and health services too, of course, but mainly vaccines. 

Understanding and scientific techniques have advanced in the intervening years which means that the scientific community can identify what mechanism will give the best vaccine result, risk assess and respond quickly. 

So, two almost unspoken truths from the anti-vaxers:

Vaccines have improved health beyond recognition

Science has advanced unrecognisably since milk maids seemed not to catch small pox

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

They ignore science, they ignore history, they ignore common sense.

They watch bitchute though, all the cool kids do.

I laugh, but it is worrying.  I have posted before about a healthcare worker I know of who has decided against having the vax, seemingly based on the propaganda.  Are they the right kind of person to be in healthcare?  

As an aside, when this first kicked off last year, discussing it with a friend from school days we thought about how a couple of generations that had not experienced any real existential threat would cope. 

Our parents were brought up during WWII by parents who had grown up in WWI, not to mention the every day threat of death from disease, poor housing, nutrition, common mortality, etc. 

Not that we experienced those threats, but our parents had and so the experience was handed down first hand and made us a little more resilient. 

But, not having those real threats as an everyday experience, our generation couldn't pass on true resilience to real threats and so on to the next generation. 

I suppose what I am trying to say is that this is probably the first time an overwhelming and beyond control threat to everyone has been experienced for several generations ( AIDS apart, but I have another theory on that), so it is to be expected that there will be various coping mechanisms, irrational denial, panic and a refusal to accept that there are some things that really are outwith our control. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I laugh, but it is worrying.  I have posted before about a healthcare worker I know of who has decided against having the vax, seemingly based on the propaganda.  Are they the right kind of person to be in healthcare?  

Nobody should be working in Healthcare who hasn't been vaccinated, should be a condition of the job

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Saw this in a shop window:

Doctors for COVID Ethics

Conclusion

1. It is beyond question that repeated vaccinations carry serious and unprecedented risks as outlined above.

2. While government officials, authorities and vaccine manufacturers may remain ignorant of the medical implications of such findings, any physician in possession of this knowledge cannot administer repeated COVID-19 vaccination in good conscience, nor in good faith.

3. Under no circumstances is it acceptable for a doctor to knowingly inflict harm on a patient. ALL PHYSICIANS ARE HEREWITH CALLED ON TO RECONSIDER THE ETHICAL ISSUES SURROUNDING COVID-19 VACCINATION.

Full letter: https://doctors4covidethics.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Complement-activation-and-vaccines.pdf

https://doctors4covidethics.org/

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

As an aside, when this first kicked off last year, discussing it with a friend from school days we thought about how a couple of generations that had not experienced any real existential threat would cope. 

Our parents were brought up during WWII by parents who had grown up in WWI, not to mention the every day threat of death from disease, poor housing, nutrition, common mortality, etc. 

Not that we experienced those threats, but our parents had and so the experience was handed down first hand and made us a little more resilient. 

But, not having those real threats as an everyday experience, our generation couldn't pass on true resilience to real threats and so on to the next generation. 

I suppose what I am trying to say is that this is probably the first time an overwhelming and beyond control threat to everyone has been experienced for several generations ( AIDS apart, but I have another theory on that), so it is to be expected that there will be various coping mechanisms, irrational denial, panic and a refusal to accept that there are some things that really are outwith our control. 

Well except that if you look what generation the anti-vaxxers and so on come from, it is mainly from your (and my) generation.  It seems to be the younger generations who are much more responsible and level-headed about it on average.  They seem much more resilient to me than the baby-boomers who seem much more likely to respond in some sort of hysterical way, more concerned with their own self-importance than what is best for everyone.  At worse the young only show indifference - and who can blame them?

11 hours ago, wrighty said:

Just as AIDS was kicking off there were seemingly plausible theories that it was nothing to do with a virus.  Main proponent was an American called Duesberg, if I recall correctly. I wonder how all that would have panned out if he’d have had The Internet to peddle his nonsense. 

Just looked this up. Amazingly, Peter Duesberg is still going on about HIV not causing AIDS. A lot of the stuff in this wiki article sounds a lot like the current covid denialism. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duesberg_hypothesis

A  few of the folk involved in the delivery of vaccines are people I am privileged to have known for some time.

I also know  them to be kind, decent, caring   and intelligent people who genuinely just want to get on with the job-  fighting  against this  very real threat  to our society.

But there is an extraordinary madness afoot.

It is fueled  by anxiety, suspicion and “common sense fatigue” - and the vanity and greed of   anti - Covid / vaccine promoters.

It has been further aided , unfortunately by the ponderous self- defensive systems securely in place in the non -clinical  corridors of the Health Service.

There is a delusional strive amongst the “ Antis” to project the notion that our  defenders are our enemies.

Even the nightmare of Nazi atrocities exposed at  Nuremberg  has  been dragged into it

That is without doubt,  a most vile and vicious slur contrived to   intimidate. health workers.

- Last year  there was  an enthusiastic, albeit  sometimes rather cloying and virtue- signaling,  saucepan-bashing every Thursday and with it, an easy  tear- wiping adulation.

Now these same people are slandered as   “ war criminals” by  the “Antis ” 

Professionals in our NHS should not be trampled underfoot by the  “antis” in their frantic ascent  of the moral high ground.

There is room left on the lower slopes-

I’ll stick with them.

They’re good company.

Edited by hampsterkahn
  • Like 1