Russia

Sentience

4 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

I'm not sure that Ukraine would even go that far.  The enemy of my enemy is a helpful distraction?

It was pretty mad seeing the terrorists dragged into court.  One unconscious, one missing an ear (that allegedly he was forced to eat) and one with electrocuted balls.  The Orcs certainly do things a bit differently. 

I suppose the "helpful" bit is contingent on whether Putin is successful in trying to implicate Kyiv in the attack.  It certainly sounds like he has tried.

I am not surprised by the treatment that they have received.  I am surprised that it was not a suicide attack to be honest but they must have know what would face them if they were caught.

I'm surprised how easy it was for them to carry out the attack, walk out and escape (granted they were caught later) and then it took authorities 1.5 hours to respond in Moscow. Added they had warnings from intelligence chatter that attacks were likely. 

Lots of stuff doesn't add up.

On 3/26/2024 at 9:54 AM, slinkydevil said:

I'm surprised how easy it was for them to carry out the attack, walk out and escape (granted they were caught later) and then it took authorities 1.5 hours to respond in Moscow. Added they had warnings from intelligence chatter that attacks were likely. 

Lots of stuff doesn't add up.

The Russian military is pretty distracted at the moment.  Plus, the security forces must have been busy the week before with the 'elections'.  The warning from the US a few weeks ago was remarkably accurate, if a bit early.  Dismissed of course by Putin, but Stalin did exactly the same when he was warned by the Allies that Nazi Germany would invade.  They even got the day right in that case.

Seems Putin thinks the gays might be to blame...

after the Russian supreme court outlawed the “international LGBT social movement” as an extremist group, even though no such entity exists. On Friday, Russia also added the same fictitious LGBT global movement to its official list of “extremist and terrorist” organisations.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2024 at 12:01 PM, The Phantom said:

Seems Putin thinks the gays might be to blame...

after the Russian supreme court outlawed the “international LGBT social movement” as an extremist group, even though no such entity exists. On Friday, Russia also added the same fictitious LGBT global movement to its official list of “extremist and terrorist” organisations.

I blame it on the boogie.