Petrol in peel £1.61.99 is this just to rip off TT visitors

vikingdoom

58 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

There's an ongoing petrol thread right here 

don't you know the price of petrol on the Isle of man always goes up just before TT week  has done for years , and as usual there does not seem to be anyone looking after the interests of the consumer any more  ?

1 hour ago, vikingdoom said:

EVF have a price of £1.61 whilst the other station is £1.49. Is this a TT rip off or just greedy owners

Don't you watch the News?

I'd imagine that EVF have just had a new delivery whilst MP are still selling old stock, for the time being.

Petrol has been significantly more expensive in the the UK for many weeks, typically around £1.66. We are just catching up.

I doubt that this is connected to the TT. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Itsmeee said:

Don’t call it the mainland for goodness sake. You’ll get a whole can of whoopass  opened up on you!

Haha my mistake. But yeah I filled up across this morning at £1.69 for regular unleaded

you guys need to bump those prices up some more sharpish lol 

£1.60  Per litre Morrisons Arbroath Scotland tonight..Jeez ive got pics at TT 1981 When there was a garage on the approach to Ballaugh bridge,  77p  Gallon for 4 star🤣🤣🤣  As  side note.. the hosts of the Raven  were George and Gladys Leeming... Anyone remember them?

11 hours ago, Ďouglas Peel said:

As  side note.. the hosts of the Raven  were George and Gladys Leeming... Anyone remember them?

How could anybody forget? The man who used to take pound notes off German visitors for a pint and not give them any change (this was when a pint was about 50p in the early 80s).

After he died, Gladys was a regular haunter of Ramsey, particularly the Mitre until she died too a few years back.

• Thanks 1