Poor Laurence Fox

Comparisons have been drawn about  how the police have treated both Fox and Chris Packham on promoting civil/ criminal disobedience in support of those causes they espouse.

And to be fair it does seem there is quite a discrepancy.

I am no Fox apologist but it does seem a bit scary. Slippery slope and all that

• 3 months later...

Under cross-examination, Fox suggested there were contexts in which the phrase “I hate black people” was not racist.

Amazing.

He said: “If a man is just released from a Ugandan jail where he’s been gang-raped by several men and he walks out and he goes: ‘I hate black people’, it’s a sort of understandable response.”

Just mindblowing.

Edited by TheTeapot

Fox has only himself to blame.

Initially he stood against the rise of the absurd woke culture , spoke sense and could have garnered significant support if he hadn’t gone off the rails. 

What  on earth drove him to call these people paedophiles without any evidence whatsoever?

Maybe he got carried away with all the publicity which led him into speaking nonsense.

It’s a shame really. On the early part of his “ journey” ( dread phrase) where once  he did present a reasonable viewpoint he’s turned into some sort of wannabe warrior and has embraced some unpalatable views.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 7:26 PM, The Voice of Reason said:

I am no Fox apologist

On 1/29/2024 at 9:36 PM, The Voice of Reason said:

Initially he stood against the rise of the absurd woke culture , spoke sense and could have garnered significant support if he hadn’t gone off the rails. (…) It’s a shame really. On the early part of his “ journey” ( dread phrase) where once  he did present a reasonable viewpoint (…)

I’ll just leave this here…😉

Edited by Jarndyce
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Your point?

Well, okay.

Notwithstanding your earlier statement: prima facie you appear to be a Fox apologist.   As is your right, of course…apologies if you feel that the above quotes have misrepresented your view.

Edited by Jarndyce
Clarity

6 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Well, okay.

Notwithstanding your earlier statement: prima facie you appear to be a Fox apologist.   As is your right, of course…apologies if you feel that the above quotes have misrepresented your view.

Well you omitted from my second quote the bit where I said he “ has embraced some unpalatable views”

That would have made clear that I am not  a Fox apologist, but wouldn’t have made your posting as clever as you probably think it was.

Apologies accepted 

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

Well you omitted from my second quote the bit where I said he “ has embraced some unpalatable views”

That would have made clear that I am not  a Fox apologist, but wouldn’t have made your posting as clever as you probably think it was.

Apologies accepted 

Fox has always been a fucking moron, just some of his stupid views may have aligned with some of your stupid views.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

That would have made clear that I am not  a Fox apologist, but wouldn’t have made your posting as clever as you probably think it was

But Fox was a misogynistic, racist homophobe long before the recent unpleasantness where he “embraced some unpalatable views”.   Wasn’t he?

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Up until a few years ago he was just known for being an actor.

I rather liked him in “Lewis” - I don’t know what happened to him.

eta: It seems he went down a rabbit hole and emerged on social media as an Authentic Defender of the Anti-Woke Credo.   His extreme right-wing political interests, unpleasant and unpalatable views and abusive public statements all seem to flow from this.   I don’t remember him being political (or anti-woke, for that matter) while he was acting - maybe he fell foul of some conspiracy theory brain-washing.   On reflection, I should feel sorry for him - hard to imagine that he could return to acting now and be taken seriously, even if he recanted some of the anti-woke abuse - “I wasn’t myself that day”, etc.

Edited by Jarndyce
eta
  • Like 1