Alf Cannan's I Have A Dream

Dirty Buggane

6 minutes ago, 2112 said:

CM Cannan got his beloved economic plan changes endorsed yesterday in Tynpotwald. They are looking for the creation of 5000 jobs. Professor Ashford says there will need to be more. If we have great staff shortages, infrastructure issues, medical issues, education issues, how are we going to both grow the population and create over 5000 jobs? 

Main problem is affordable housing as there isn’t any!! Large amounts of social housing needed urgently mainly Douglas, Braddan, Onchan area’s 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Banker said:

Main problem is affordable housing as there isn’t any!! Large amounts of social housing needed urgently mainly Douglas, Braddan, Onchan area’s 

I doubt CM Cannans economic plan is going to achieve much within its lifetime of up to 15 years, if there is no affordable housing, no doctors, dentists and poor medical facilities, with shortage of nurses. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Boo Gay'n said:

I kid you not, but Alf had a special nickname at King Bill's after telling the other boys that he had worked out a body position in which he could fellate himself.

If that was CM Cannans party piece, and hence derived a nickname, I wonder what ex CM Quayles party piece/talent was at KWC, and did he have any nicknames? 

14 hours ago, Boo Gay'n said:

I kid you not, but Alf had a special nickname at King Bill's after telling the other boys that he had worked out a body position in which he could fellate himself.

So. . . even as a boy, he loved to blow his own trumpet?

• Haha 10

Apols as forgot to add was had to look it up first.

The Shakespeare quote 'uneasy is the head that wears a crown' is from Henry IV Part 2 is often now phrased as 'heavy is the head the wears the crown'.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Apple said:

Apols as forgot to add was had to look it up first.

The Shakespeare quote 'uneasy is the head that wears a crown' is from Henry IV Part 2 is often now phrased as 'heavy is the head the wears the crown'.

Henry IV suffered from leprosy ( and other stuff) in later life: it was widely believed to be a divine punishment for his behaviour.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 2112 said:

how are we going to both grow the population and create over 5000 jobs? 

Import more people to fill newly created CS and Govt positions would be my guess? I'm convinced that it's pretty much been the practice for at least the last ten years anyway, if the Govt hadn't been swelling ranks the population would have fallen noticeably.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Import more people to fill newly created CS and Govt positions would be my guess? I'm convinced that it's pretty much been the practice for at least the last ten years anyway, if the Govt hadn't been swelling ranks the population would have fallen noticeably.

I'm sure DfE will rise to the challenge...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Banker said:

No, not social housing.... it's mid-market properties owned/managed by housing associations that's needed. All it needs is government willingness to do something about it and assist the HAs with start-ups.

• Like 4