Cappadocia

Happier diner

50 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Have tried it and enjoyed it , didn't think it was expensive .

Drink prices were reasonable I thought too.

You don't think £16.90 for chicken wings or a chicken kebab, £48 for a mixed grill for 2 or minimun £10.90 for a salad is expensive? Compared to what?

Maybe you've got plenty money but in comparison to other places I think that's very high.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

You don't think £16.90 for chicken wings or a chicken kebab, £48 for a mixed grill for 2 or minimun £10.90 for a salad is expensive? Compared to what?

Maybe you've got plenty money but in comparison to other places I think that's very high.

Which other places are you comparing  it to?.

Edited by ellanvannin2010
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, jackwhite said:

It's certainty not a place where I can afford to eat. Not even as a special treat unless I were to forgo eating at home for a few days in preparation. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 5:24 PM, ellanvannin2010 said:

Which other places are you comparing  it to?.

Barbary coast???... The sharing platter for two  is £32 now ( I think it was 20 odd before) but  is all chicken 

a mixed grill with generous portions of meat as a main meal for two  for £48 may not be too bad 

But it all depends on whether you get any sides / accompaniments .

If you have to order bread etc in addition then its not great..

Have to go one day and see how the portions are ..

On 9/5/2022 at 12:31 PM, mad_manx said:

Barbary coast???... The sharing platter for two  is £32 now ( I think it was 20 odd before) but  is all chicken 

a mixed grill with generous portions of meat as a main meal for two  for £48 may not be too bad 

The Forge House Grill is £62.50 but it's for 2-4 people.  Good selection of meats basically a farmyard on a platter.  I've attempted it for 2 before and it easily beat us. 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Lamb dishes in the low teens, adifferent cuisine, turkish wine in the teens, where else would you get that?

It was really really good. 70 quid for two, will go again. I think a couple of Gins in the Mannin were 18 quid, compare  that!!!!!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...