Manx Radio

SleepyJoe

5 minutes ago, Cambon said:

No existing grid, no suitable roads, no suitable landing stage, no possibility to keep spares, and that is the best to “experts” can come up with? 
How about a couple on the headland behind Peel power station, connecting straight into the grid? If the solar farm goes ahead at Andreas, they will need to install infrastructure, so it will be available for turbines at Jurby. Oh and look, loads of warehouse space for spares. It doesn’t require experts as much as common sense. 

Its all int their documents, and was covered in detail at the government conference.

Sorry, but I am going to go with the experts rather than a random on the internet.

https://youtu.be/FO-RVj1dFdY?si=uC0mlIA8O57h-dta

22 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

Its all int their documents, and was covered in detail at the government conference.

Sorry, but I am going to go with the experts rather than a random on the internet.

https://youtu.be/FO-RVj1dFdY?si=uC0mlIA8O57h-dta

Good luck. When you and your experts have bankrupted the island for no gain, please switch the light off when you leave. Oh, hang on, there wont be any electricity to run the lights in the first place.

Remember, it was experts who said the Liverpool landing stage would cost £25M 

Edited by Cambon
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Cambon said:

Good luck. When you and your experts have bankrupted the island for no gain, please switch the light off when you leave. Oh, hang on, there wont be any electricity to run the lights in the first place.

Your expert the old clod fox hulme at least had the decency to admit he was completely wrong, sadly that is rare with old cunts 

Listened to the Mannin Line today.

A lady called Sam called in and asked Mr Cannan MHK and Mr Johnston MHK about the importance of the IOM Biosphere. As a follow-up she began to speak about a site where archeological finds were apparently being dug up but said the site was going to be built upon without any public awareness of the plans. Mr Wint then cut the lady short saying the programme was about issues in Ayre and Michael.

Subsequently, Mr Johnston was asked about the state of IOM farming, the use of fertilizer and he commented on the Laxey Mills. There was also discussion about travel writers coverage of IOM and a last minute question about the Earystane Wind Farm. No further constituency issues were discussed up to the end of the programme.

A sceptic might think that the politicians were being given an easy ride by the presenter who was actively managing (censoring) difficult calls and text messages.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Turned of not long after that , Wint was wrong to shut her down just proves to me he a government boot licker and he probably filters out any awkward questions ,time to get rid of him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ah good ol' Windbag Wint.

Filters out awkward questions and/or amends the meaning of emails sent in. I would expect he is looking for a cushy Government job like so many of his former Manx Radio colleagues.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 10:40 PM, HiVibes said:

Your expert the old clod fox hulme at least had the decency to admit he was completely wrong, sadly that is rare with old cunts 

But he is not wrong. Or, are you now arguing that the well established science of geothermal gradient is wrong? It isn’t. Geothermal power is possible anywhere on earth. It all comes down to money. Put it another way. If there was £10 Billion worth of diamonds or gold down there, Alfie would be personally digging with his finger nails. The promise of 100+ years of guaranteed power security is not enough. 

• Confused 1

On 3/5/2024 at 10:54 AM, Cambon said:

It wasn't the same experts. Do you think all experts are rubbish apart from yourself

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cambon said:

But he is not wrong. Or, are you now arguing that the well established science of geothermal gradient is wrong? It isn’t. Geothermal power is possible anywhere on earth. It all comes down to money. Put it another way. If there was £10 Billion worth of diamonds or gold down there, Alfie would be personally digging with his finger nails. The promise of 100+ years of guaranteed power security is not enough. 

I think they favour stable granite. I remember seeing on a geological map of the island...two such small spots.

These ever been mentioned on the radio?

On 3/5/2024 at 10:45 PM, Albert Tatlock said:

Try and keep the airport chat in the airport thread please...link was added there by poster. This is thread is about Manx Radio not its news stories. 

23 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I think they favour stable granite. I remember seeing on a geological map of the island...two such small spots.

These ever been mentioned on the radio?