Asian Takeaways.

mollag

On 2/18/2023 at 7:49 AM, mollag said:

Has anyone tried the Prospect Terrace Chinese "The One" lately? I tried it when it first opened--not the best,  I'm wondering has it upped it's game.🤔

Month or so ago.

It wasn't bad.

Not saying it was the best but I've certainly had worse on the Isle of Man.

• Like 1

Just now, Passing Time said:

For hit and miss, you can't beat Mrs Yangs. We were there a couple of weeks ago and the food was okay. Fast forward to last Saturday and the food was dire

I've found the same. Usually it's been good though, to be fair.

Mind you, have you seen their 1-star TripAdviser reviews? It sounds like food quality is perhaps not Mrs Yang's biggest issue.

17 hours ago, Sheldon said:

I've found the same. Usually it's been good though, to be fair.

Mind you, have you seen their 1-star TripAdviser reviews? It sounds like food quality is perhaps not Mrs Yang's biggest issue.

I've had some dealings with them.

Seen the TA reviews and pretty horrified with them.

My view is that it's inexperience as they don't deal well under stress. The opposite of what you need for the restaurant industry. 

To be clear, I'm not excusing their behaviour as it's deplorable, if these reviews are accurate. 

3 hours ago, jackwhite said:

My view is that it's inexperience as they don't deal well under stress. The opposite of what you need for the restaurant industry. 

I've been there a number of times over the years, and front of house service has been fine. I've never seen the owner though, and based on the TA reviews it sounds like she's the one with quite a serious problem. The reviews might not be true, of course, but there are enough of them spanning enough time that there is probably something behind them.

Basically, never ask to see the manager, even if you reckon your food is crap! 😉

3 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

I've been there a number of times over the years, and front of house service has been fine. I've never seen the owner though, and based on the TA reviews it sounds like she's the one with quite a serious problem. The reviews might not be true, of course, but there are enough of them spanning enough time that there is probably something behind them.

Basically, never ask to see the manager, even if you reckon your food is crap! 😉

It's been under new ownership from at some point last year. Probably not coincidentally, most of these reports post date them taking over.

At first I was surprised, but having witnessed them during service, I changed my mind. 

On 2/19/2023 at 3:36 PM, jackwhite said:

Month or so ago.

It wasn't bad.

Not saying it was the best but I've certainly had worse on the Isle of Man.

Tried again tonight, just as you say, but better than our first try. Lets hope they continue to improve 👍

35 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Wow, just read the Trip Advisor reviews.  Amazing that they actually went to small claims court over a meal. 

The big TV had lured me into paying them a visit, with Ramen and Hotpots.  I'm not quite so sure now. 

Damn. I'm going to have to look now.

41 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Wow, just read the Trip Advisor reviews.  Amazing that they actually went to small claims court over a meal. 

The big TV had lured me into paying them a visit, with Ramen and Hotpots.  I'm not quite so sure now. 

Think the hotpot thing is a rip off personally. 

It's a tough one. Think the rent there will be a fortune and they need to bring in a lot of custom to pay it. Never like to see any place doing badly but you need to get the basics right in hospitality.

Was in a well known bar on Friday and the service was bordering on negligent. Manager out front talking to customers, place not particularly busy, but the other boy and girl behind the bar seemed more keen to talk to each other than do anything or interact with customers. That and the fact they had a cocktail made with a particular spirit on the menu, then tried to change it out for a much cheaper spirit, only to make the excuse of "yeah we used to use that and just haven't changed our menu since we opened". Personally know it to be complete nonsense as I've been a few times and this spirit is very distinctive, so I know they didn't have it when they originally opened. Even if that was quite a few years ago when they opened, so ridiculous if the menu hadn't been changed!

36 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Please correct me if I’m wrong. But you made a decision to go to a restaurant because it had a big TV? 

Well I wouldn't have known they do hotpots and ramen unless the big TV told me.