Sorry Mate, I did not see you!

hampsterkahn

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

They do that to make themselves more visible to those driving cars etc.

But why do some car drivers drive with their lights on during the day? ( Volvo drivers excused obviously)

To make themselves more visible to those driving lorries? and so on

Edited by The Voice of Reason

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

They do that to make themselves more visible to those driving cars etc.

No. They do that because they are brainless cunts. Utter brainless cunts.

They actually make themselves less visible. Aye, less.

Less visible like a drippy cunt. Except like you, they think they are being more visible. 

So .  . a car driver pulls up at a junction and sees a full beam light down the road. All they see is a big fucking round bright light thingy. They can't judge the speed of it, because it is just a big fucking sphere of bright fucking light. A bright globule thing. Apparently not even moving?

It is not a car, not an object they are used to. But just a fucking big large - apparently, maybe stationary - light. 

Except that the fucker behind the big round beam of light 'thinks' (like you) that he is doing something extra. Something really roadworthy.

Something extra special, to be seen.

But no. He/she is just a witless cunt. To be actually - in many circumstances - not seen. at all

A cunt of the very first order. Oblivious to how cuntish they actually are.

By all means, used dipped headlight during the day if that is your will, but never use full fucking full (dazzle) beam. Because that is how utter selfish me-me-me cunts ride.

@derek_the_lad

2 minutes ago, Barlow said:

No. They do that because they are brainless cunts. Utter brainless cunts.

They actually make themselves less visible. Aye, less.

Less visible like a drippy cunt. Except like you, they think they are being more visible. 

So .  . a car driver pulls up at a junction and sees a full beam light down the road. All they see is a big fucking round bright light thingy. They can't judge the speed of it, because it is just a big fucking sphere of bright fucking light. A bright globule thing. Apparently not even moving?

It is not a car, not an object they are used to. But just a fucking big large - apparently, maybe stationary - light. 

Except that the fucker behind the big round beam of light 'thinks' (like you) that he is doing something extra. Something really roadworthy.

Something extra special, to be seen.

But no. He/she is just a witless cunt. To be actually - in many circumstances - not seen. at all

A cunt of the very first order. Oblivious to how cuntish they actually are.

By all means, used dipped headlight during the day if that is your will, but never use full fucking full (dazzle) beam. Because that is how utter selfish me-me-me cunts ride.

@derek_the_lad

So you see a big round light on the road and you don't think?

The worst offenders are the car drivers with LED/Xenon headlights who blind everyone on the road.

Judging by the tone of your post you have either spent too long in the sun or you are a few sheets to the wind.

By all means stick me on ignore if you can't cope with a simple answer to a simple question. 

22 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

But why do some car drivers drive with their lights on during the day? ( Volvo drivers excused obviously)

To make themselves more visible to those driving lorries? and so on

It is not just Volvos that have running lights these days but there are plenty of car drivers who apparently just want to show off how bright their headlights are.

You know it's a legal requirement for cars sold in the UK & Europe since 2011 to have daytime running lights? 

Usually they are those LED strips, but sometimes you just can't turn your headlights off. 

• Thanks 1

Correct. The 'headlights' in my car have 4 bulbs (dipped,main, sidelights, and daytime running lights) . There is no switch for the DRL's, they are just 'on' . There is an option in the settings menu to turn them off, but it's greyed out.

Motorcycles built after 2003 do not have a headlight on/off switch, the lights are just on, all the time. 

• Like 1

I was at the QB the other day coming from Douglas going straight on towards Braddan, a group of bikers came down QB from bray Hill direction, a car coming from the braddan direction had right of way continued across the roundabout to head in the direction of Mcdonalds, this group of bikes didn't stop and just pulled out in front of the car, thankfully the driver was concentrating and hit the brakes but not one of the bikers offered an apology and were in the wrong. 

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

I was at the QB the other day coming from Douglas going straight on towards Braddan, a group of bikers came down QB from bray Hill direction, a car coming from the braddan direction had right of way continued across the roundabout to head in the direction of Mcdonalds, this group of bikes didn't stop and just pulled out in front of the car, thankfully the driver was concentrating and hit the brakes but not one of the bikers offered an apology and were in the wrong. 

I'm amazed they don't have even more accidents as they seem to have zero spacial awareness if the amount of them I've seen get off their bikes and wander aimlessly around live lanes is anything to go by.

3 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Obviously that is not good or clever from the group of bikes.  They should obviously be prepared to stop when approaching QB, however, also worth pointing out that braking on a motorcycle is different from doing so in a car.  It sometimes make more sense for a motorbike to accelerate away from danger than to try an emergency stop and lose control of the bike under braking. 

On 6/6/2023 at 3:59 PM, manxman1980 said:

Obviously that is not good or clever from the group of bikes.  They should obviously be prepared to stop when approaching QB, however, also worth pointing out that braking on a motorcycle is different from doing so in a car.  It sometimes make more sense for a motorbike to accelerate away from danger than to try an emergency stop and lose control of the bike under braking. 

That’s not something worth pointing out. That’s making excuses.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Hence why I said that they should have been prepared to stop :)

Yeah but maybe, ironically, they were only expecting to see motorcyclists? They weren't expecting to see cars, buses, lorries etc. There's a very real chance that they were looking but not seeing. And therefore there's a very good chance that they didn't see them. Apparently there's overwhelming evidence for that. I've got to be honest. I'm overwhelmed. 

11 hours ago, La Colombe said:

Yeah but maybe, ironically, they were only expecting to see motorcyclists? They weren't expecting to see cars, buses, lorries etc. There's a very real chance that they were looking but not seeing. And therefore there's a very good chance that they didn't see them. Apparently there's overwhelming evidence for that. I've got to be honest. I'm overwhelmed. 

If they were from Europe then maybe then were looking the wrong way on approach?  

As for your disbelief about the difference between looking and seeing have you ever read a paragraph or sentence and then had to go back and re-read it because you didn't take it in?  Have you every experienced driving and arriving at a destination with no real recollection of the journey?  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25216601 

Have you ever been listening to the radio or a piece of music and then realised you haven't actively been listening and missed something?

The human brain can do strange things...