Crogga

Dr Beeching

36 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Nothing. So long as they don't start investing our money into it. It's got to be a private enterprise. 

Yes we should encourage it and support it. But that has to be impartial and not involve financial investment of public money.

How many times do we have to say that no public money is involved!!  I might say it in CAPS.

NO PUBLIC MONEY IS AT RISK OR INVOLVED IN THESE PROPOSALS. 

The NSTA regulations will stipulate there must be sufficient funding in place and commited to plug and abandon the well if it doesn't work out.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, b4mbi said:

How many times do we have to say that no public money is involved!!  I might say it in CAPS.

The NSTA regulations will stipulate there must be sufficient funding in place and commited to plug and abandon the well if it doesn't work out.

I know that. Just hope it stays that way. I'm just wondering why everyone is whining that IOM gov is holding it up. Have I missed something? 

3 hours ago, b4mbi said:

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/opportunitycost.asp#:~:text=Investopedia %2F Mira Norian-,What Is Opportunity Cost%3F,they can be easily overlooked.

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

How so?

By not meeting with Crogga in a timely manner. 

This should be top of government's agenda and within reason should be given top priority over other government business. If Crogga ask DOI for a meeting then it should be arranged within a couple of business days, not just kicked into the long grass like so much else. 

If they get this sorted fast then we will know within 18 months whether the gas is commercially viable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Dr Beeching said:

By not meeting with Crogga in a timely manner. 

This should be top of government's agenda and within reason should be given top priority over other government business. If Crogga ask DOI for a meeting then it should be arranged within a couple of business days, not just kicked into the long grass like so much else. 

If they get this sorted fast then we will know within 18 months whether the gas is commercially viable.

It was a genuine question. Apologies if I missed it. So the DOI wouldn't meet Crogga in a timely manner? There must have been a reason given. 

I imagine any organisation looking to look for gas should be given opportunity to bid for a licence. Not just first come first served. Maybe that was the hikd up. Maybe it was advertised. The DOI cannot favour Crogga. 

I agree that dithering and pointless delays is not good. But something's do have to go through due process. 

17 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

So the DOI wouldn't meet Crogga in a timely manner? There must have been a reason given. 

my guess would be nobody at the DOI has a clue about drilling for gas so they avoided the embarrassment of proving it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

It was a genuine question. Apologies if I missed it. So the DOI wouldn't meet Crogga in a timely manner? There must have been a reason given. 

I imagine any organisation looking to look for gas should be given opportunity to bid for a licence. Not just first come first served. Maybe that was the hikd up. Maybe it was advertised. The DOI cannot favour Crogga. 

I agree that dithering and pointless delays is not good. But something's do have to go through due process. 

There can't be bids (if I understand it) as Joney and Co. stopped Tynwald issuing any more.

On 6/2/2023 at 8:09 AM, b4mbi said:

"We, the Manx People.. ",  you're not my spokesperson, nor are you representative.

Miserable Manx crab....

Start a poll of the Manx public whether they support Crogga or not and let's see eh?

Do they know what they’re signing up for? Stupid does as stupid told. Big magic gas beans..