Crogga

Dr Beeching

16 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

The top of the tree is Crogga. They are not subcontractors. Subcontractors go along with anything that means possible income. What has Crogga achieved?

they've already located 50 million quids worth of suckers , give em a chance .😁

16 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Crogga are confident and it’s their money and reputation at stake,

As far as I can determine, Crogga is three people. I doubt any of those three people have significant money involved other than the cost of registering the company. Their personal reputation is irrelevant.

That those three people say that they "are confident" is about as significant as me saying that people regard me as The Sage Of Ramsey.

If Crogga wants to hand over £50 million (in advance) for drilling rights, I would go along with that. But that is not going to happen.

I do not understand why an area which has (perhaps) significant gas deposits is only of interest to three locals.

Getting the drilling rights at an unbelievably low cost might be a reason.

25 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

For the avoidance of doubt I am 100% in favour of realising this once in a lifetime asset, if it exists. There are no guarantees. Crogga are confident and it’s their money and reputation at stake, so as long as the remediation guarantees are in place and it’s never going to cost the taxpayer, I’m a supporter. I even considered investing, but I’m not a gambler.

I don’t think IOMG is holding things up, just being cautious on our behalf. That’s not a bad thing. IOMG has been played in the past so is more risk averse as a result.

If I was religious I’d be clutching a teddy bear and saying a prayer every night that this scheme is successful. That’s a mental image that will keep you awake…

Surely Teddy deserves a name. Not just 'a' Teddy. 

11 hours ago, Two-lane said:

The top of the tree is Crogga. They are not subcontractors. Subcontractors go along with anything that means possible income. What has Crogga achieved?

If you were about to construct a new west wing to your mansion, a design of considerable world-class structural difficulty, and a newly incorporated company which has no track record whatsoever (other than three people who claim to have some family history in the village) - says "Don't worry, trust me, I'm a doctor. We will subcontract out the work". Would you sign the contract?

I agree with you, I was just saying replying to a question to say it’s not the sub-contractor that’s the concern with me

12 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

For the avoidance of doubt I am 100% in favour of realising this once in a lifetime asset, if it exists. There are no guarantees. Crogga are confident and it’s their money and reputation at stake, so as long as the remediation guarantees are in place and it’s never going to cost the taxpayer, I’m a supporter. I even considered investing, but I’m not a gambler.

I don’t think IOMG is holding things up, just being cautious on our behalf. That’s not a bad thing. IOMG has been played in the past so is more risk averse as a result.

If I was religious I’d be clutching a teddy bear and saying a prayer every night that this scheme is successful. That’s a mental image that will keep you awake…

Stu, As a DOI department member you don’t think or you know the government is not holding things up?

Have the DOI given Crogga and three60 Energy an indication of when they will have the drilling regs in place ?

Crogga have been very clear with Tynwald , the DOI and the manx public in the communication of their time line.

Its in both manx organisations interests to work together wouldn’t you agree?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mann O Mann said:

Stu, As a DOI department member you don’t think or you know the government is not holding things up?

Have the DOI given Crogga and three60 Energy an indication of when they will have the drilling regs in place ?

Crogga have been very clear with Tynwald , the DOI and the manx public in the communication of their time line.

Its in both manx organisations interests to work together wouldn’t you agree?

They should not be working together. That would be really dodgy. They both should be though: working to a clear scope and understanding that both are signed up to. That will be a contract (or in this case a licence). Such things do take some time. Its naïve to think that you can just crack on, that will lead to greater hold ups in the future if there is not a clear scope. 

I am not sure what stage we are up to but Stu seems to intimate that they have the licence and therefore the IOMG is not holding anything up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Well slap my arse and call me doubting Thomas, there goes one of them there flying porcine. 

I know it sounds unbelievable. But have we any contrary evidence? There seems to be mass panic and hysteria on here, possibly due to previous bad experience, but I haven't seen anything to confirm it.

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

A while back Crogga were working with local firms CPOGS, who "are experts in the management of Oil and Gas Major Accident Hazards". Anyone know why they stopped?

david ashford left them for a new job a while ago.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

A while back Crogga were working with local firms CPOGS, who "are experts in the management of Oil and Gas Major Accident Hazards". Anyone know why they stopped?

Looks a fairly low level safety management consultancy not exactly essential to a bid/license and certainly not irreplaceable 

• 3 weeks later...

Not good enough IOMG. Not by a long, long way.

Should be embarrassed that DOI won't even have a grown up conversation with the company.

@Stu Petersnow is time to act and ask the department you're a political member of, what the fuck are they playing at?

@Chris Thomascare to comment? 

Edited by b4mbi
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, b4mbi said:

Should be embarrassed that DOI won't even have a grown up conversation with the company.

@Stu Petersnow is time to act and ask the department you're a political member of, what the fuck are they playing at?

You are right, but DoI like to hector, lecture and bully in every way of island life. Meanwhile, pontificating is part of the course. Absolute Fiasco. 

Can you seriously imagine how it will take the DOI organise wind farms, solar farms etc, with their track record of large scale projects? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zarley said:

Crogga is giving investors their money back, thanks to our government dragging their feet over drilling regulations. FFS! 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/energy-firm-hands-back-investments/

How do you know its not just a lame excuse and it was all a 'pipe dream. I don't know about drilling regulations but I do know there are loads of things done on the Isle of Man for which there are no specific Isle of Man regulations (nearly every single H&S regulation and code of practice for a start. We just use UK regulations. Surely to goodness the Isle of Man is not going to spend hours and money drafting regulations for an activity we have never done before. 

Its just a thought

20 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

@Chris Thomascare to comment? 

It would be good to get the IOM Government story before jumping to conclusions

16 minutes ago, 2112 said:

You are right, but DoI like to hector, lecture and bully in every way of island life. Meanwhile, pontificating is part of the course. Absolute Fiasco. 

Can you seriously imagine how it will take the DOI organise wind farms, solar farms etc, with their track record of large scale projects? 

As above. You are guessing and believing one man.