Crogga

Dr Beeching

8 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Fair analogy.

But it is like you being able to take your test next week.  But your parents booking a test for you next year. 

The CEO clearly states that the reason they have stalled is because there is no regulation. I am confused why everyone is ignoring this and deciding its actually another reason,  or reasons. What am I missing here? 

6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

The CEO clearly states that the reason they have stalled is because there is no regulation. I am confused why everyone is ignoring this and deciding its actually another reason,  or reasons. What am I missing here? 

Because the Govt has literally had years to put in place regulations and done bugger all to put them in place as far as I can tell. 

If the Regs were in place, Crogga would have been able to test drill relatively soon.  But they are being told they now need to do 3D surveys, waste more money and time to likely find out again in a year or two once they've done this, that the Govt still hasn't put in place any Regulations and would probably prefer to concentrate upon building more horse fucking pulled tramways. 

• Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Ask this fella, he should know the answers: https://www.gov.im/about-this-site/contact-us/?contactid=6932

39 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Because the Govt has literally had years to put in place regulations and done bugger all to put them in place as far as I can tell. 

If the Regs were in place, Crogga would have been able to test drill relatively soon.  But they are being told they now need to do 3D surveys, waste more money and time to likely find out again in a year or two once they've done this, that the Govt still hasn't put in place any Regulations and would probably prefer to concentrate upon building more horse fucking pulled tramways. 

Still doesn't answer my question. Regulations limit or stop you doing things. They are not an enabling thing. If there are no regulations.  Whey hey! What's the problem? 

9 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Still doesn't answer my question. Regulations limit or stop you doing things. They are not an enabling thing. If there are no regulations.  Whey hey! What's the problem? 

Ah but regulations can be brought in to stop you doing something when you have already started. Or other third party stakeholders (such as banks) may demand that you have to abide by a regulation that is yer to be defined. I've seen it happen with the FSA.

5 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Ah but regulations can be brought in to stop you doing something when you have already started. Or other third party stakeholders (such as banks) may demand that you have to abide by a regulation that is yer to be defined. I've seen it happen with the FSA.

But that doesn't make any sense. Regulations can be changed once you have started something as well.

Why not just do what we do with health and safety and just say UK regulations apply. Job done.

Something fishy going on here. I don't trust them anymore. They knew there we no Regulations way back. Why suddenly trip out an excuse. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

But that doesn't make any sense. Regulations can be changed once you have started something as well.

Why not just do what we do with health and safety and just say UK regulations apply. Job done.

Something fishy going on here. I don't trust them anymore. They knew there we no Regulations way back. Why suddenly trip out an excuse. 

If we take the bank and FSA example. 

Banks will usually have their policies dictated by head office which will likely be in the UK. If you want to do something here that would be regulated in the UK, their policy will likely state you need to be regulated to do X. 

With the FSA, I had something that might need to have been regulated, but it wasn't clear and the FSA wouldn't provide any clarity. Had one bank say we could open an account only if regulated and another only if you don't need to be regulated.

Go with the one that says 'no regulation' spend loads of time and money getting set up and then the FSA finally decides "actually you do need to be regulated." So shut up shop whilst you get the licence and open a new bank account that would take at least 6 months?

59 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

They are not an enabling thing. If there are no regulations.  Whey hey! What's the problem? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDxw6QoaveQ

"

1:38
proceed to get uh um what's called a
1:41
well consent to drill until there are
1:44
published regulations to follow
1:46
uh and every country so it has their own
1:48
regulations and if if you don't have
1:51
those government approved regulations uh
1:53
which have to be publicly available it's
1:55
very difficult to get the operation
1:57
insured and many of the during type
2:00
contractors don't want to work there
2:02
because you know it's not the regs are
2:05
to protect protect the operators as well
2:07
as the government and the environment
2:09
so it's sort of a fairly basic thing and

"

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Maybe they haven't raised enough capital and are looking for an excuse to save face?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

If we take the bank and FSA example. 

Banks will usually have their policies dictated by head office which will likely be in the UK. If you want to do something here that would be regulated in the UK, their policy will likely state you need to be regulated to do X. 

With the FSA, I had something that might need to have been regulated, but it wasn't clear and the FSA wouldn't provide any clarity. Had one bank say we could open an account only if regulated and another only if you don't need to be regulated.

Go with the one that says 'no regulation' spend loads of time and money getting set up and then the FSA finally decides "actually you do need to be regulated." So shut up shop whilst you get the licence and open a new bank account that would take at least 6 months?

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDxw6QoaveQ

"

1:38
proceed to get uh um what's called a
1:41
well consent to drill until there are
1:44
published regulations to follow
1:46
uh and every country so it has their own
1:48
regulations and if if you don't have
1:51
those government approved regulations uh
1:53
which have to be publicly available it's
1:55
very difficult to get the operation
1:57
insured and many of the during type
2:00
contractors don't want to work there
2:02
because you know it's not the regs are
2:05
to protect protect the operators as well
2:07
as the government and the environment
2:09
so it's sort of a fairly basic thing and

"

Ok you two. So. I have posted all the UK regulations. There are hundreds of them.

Answer me then. Do you think the Isle of Man government should spends hundreds of thousand of pounds developing regulations so that some tin pot outfit can do a ......yes...test drill.

Come on fellas. Get real. 

I'm with @Ham_N_Eggson this one. It sounds like a massive cop out to me.  Have they been looking to  exploit us from day one. Let's see if a proper established outfit comes along and does a proper job. 

Don’t need Regs for a 3D seismic, which should be the next step. That survey should have taken a number of years.

The now ‘urgent’ need for Regs is to accommodate them wanting to drill before 3D seismic. Then blame it on Government. And I bet they havent got a pot to piss in when it comes either to cost of 3D, seismic or bond.

if there was any decent prospect of deposits there, do you really think this two bit operation would be the only one showing interest?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NoTail said:

"there was any decent prospect of deposits there, do you really think this two bit operation would be the only one showing interest"

bugger. There was I thinking there might be a lifeline for the Manx economy. 

Would be ten years before we saw a penny, were there a penny to be seen. The Gov needs to figure out an actual solution to our financial situation, and fairly quickly.

42 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Ok you two. So. I have posted all the UK regulations. There are hundreds of them.

Answer me then. Do you think the Isle of Man government should spends hundreds of thousand of pounds developing regulations so that some tin pot outfit can do a ......yes...test drill.

Come on fellas. Get real. 

I'm with @Ham_N_Eggson this one. It sounds like a massive cop out to me.  Have they been looking to  exploit us from day one. Let's see if a proper established outfit comes along and does a proper job. 

Considering the amount of money the Govt has spunked on bullshit projects over the last few years, it would seem like a reasonable cost vs potential return.  We definitely won't see a return on the £5M spent on the Horsie Trams.

Returning the money to the investors is certainly a novel method of fleecing 'us'.

• Like 1