Audio repairs/reconditioning

30 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I wondered if anyone still did audio repairs on the Island ? I've got a couple of old valve amps that have packed up. Would love to get them reconditioned. Perhaps there's someone out there ?

Thanks.

Not easy, especially if you need new valves although some are still available.

(Starts Drooling)

Any pictures or reference info?

1 minute ago, GD4ELI said:

Not easy, especially if you need new valves although some are still available.

(Starts Drooling)

Any pictures or reference info?

Also, capacitors tend to pack up over time - if it's a good amplifier you *may* be able to buy a set of new capacitors.

Edited by GD4ELI

• 1 month later...

I recently moved my Free stat box, one of the wires has come loose, l managed to pop it back into the connector, its the wire connection to my satellite dish. Question l have, l occasionally lose bbc 1,2 itv 3, 4 and 5 until l reposition wire.  Is it possible to put a new connector on it without calling a TV engineer?  Hope this makes sense?  Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you Lilly. 

On 7/5/2023 at 2:43 PM, Shake me up Judy said:

I wondered if anyone still did audio repairs on the Island ? I've got a couple of old valve amps that have packed up. Would love to get them reconditioned. Perhaps there's someone out there ?

Thanks.

There is guy. He has a waiting list. Sound Records have the details. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2023 at 2:54 PM, Shake me up Judy said:
On 8/9/2023 at 2:18 PM, Declan said:

There is guy. He has a waiting list. Sound Records have the details. 

Thanks Declan. I've only just noticed your post. Is that the shop in Douglas, close to M & S ? 

I’d be interested to hear how you get on.   Valve amps are generally pretty robust - but if it’s getting on a bit, the capacitors are probably leaking and the resistors have maybe overheated.   If you’re lucky, the valves themselves will be fine.

• Like 1