Chris Thomas MHK sacked from DOI

2 hours ago, Mann O Mann said:

PM and CR comment.
personally hope this is the start of structural change which is desperately needed . 

Robertshaw is an arrogant PRICK of the worst order. A political dinosaur who loves his own voice and spouts shite to his own ends.

He forgets the Sefton bailout, the focus on a leisure area outside the Sefton at all costs, a harbour strategy which conflicted with his son''s worldview and so on... a dick...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

The number ONE DoI priority issue he has to sort out is Crogga.  Issue the variation to the license ASAP and let the company drill. 

All we hear is, there's no money. Well guess what?

If Crogga is allowed to drill and the gas flows, there will be shitloads of money.

Mini-Norway anyone?

It could be Alf's defining moment..... or not!

Edited by b4mbi
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, b4mbi said:

The number ONE DoI priority issue he has to sort out is Crogga.  Issue the variation to the license ASAP and let the company drill. 

All we hear is, there's no money. Well guess what?

If Crogga is allowed to drill and the gas flows, which is a better than 50/50 chance, there will be shitloads of money.

Mini-Norway anyone?

It could be Alf's defining moment..... ior not!

the danger is Alf wades in and ignores the professional view. Short-term gain for long-term pain.

something to do with the ordering of the surveying and drilling but you probably know more than me

2 minutes ago, english zloty said:

the danger is Alf wades in and ignores the professional view. Short-term gain for long-term pain.

something to do with the ordering of the surveying and drilling but you probably know more than me

Which professional?! can always find someone that will offer alternative viewpoint!

The key issue is that the only way to find out if the resource can be utilised is to drill. Further surveying will not definitively prove that. Only drilling will.

Point is also the CEO of Crogga and one other Director are highly experienced in the field, have vast industry knowledge and contacts and 100% know what they are doing. 

The other two are investors that risked significant venture capital at the start and hence have a place on the board.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, b4mbi said:

Which professional?! can always find someone that will offer alternative viewpoint!

The key issue is that the only way to find out if the resource can be utilised is to drill. Further surveying will not definitively prove that. Only drilling will.

Point is also the CEO of Crogga and one other Director are highly experienced in the field, have vast industry knowledge and contacts and 100% know what they are doing. 

The other two are investors that risked significant venture capital at the start and hence have a place on the board.

thanks, as i wrote, you would know more than me. 🙂

however the grapevine advises that independent consultants, also industry experts, have an opposing view, and indeed, that there is a different path which is the industry standard.  🫡

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I doubt it's got much to do with the Crogga thing. 

It's only crogga who are saying that were not any meaningful meetings????

If I were them, i would say that too! Mandy rice davis style!!!!

1 minute ago, english zloty said:

thanks, as i wrote, you would know more than me. 🙂

however the grapevine advises that independent consultants, also industry experts, have an opposing view, and indeed, that there is a different path which is the industry standard.  🫡

:) Couldn't say, as I'm no industry expert, but it's a one shot chance of a lifetime for IOMG. They have to be bold and take it.

Safety will not be compromised, and as wells go, its not in deep water and it's a conventional gas reservior. I.e. well established methods of drilling to be used. They have 2D seismic, obtaining 3D will not prove if gas will flow, but they've committed to do this after the well has been drilled and is successful, I believe.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

:) Couldn't say, as I'm no industry expert, but it's a one shot chance of a lifetime for IOMG. They have to be bold and take it.

Safety will not be compromised, and as wells go, its not in deep water and it's a conventional gas reservior. I.e. well established methods of drilling to be used. They have 2D seismic, obtaining 3D will not prove if gas will flow, but they've committed to do this after the well has been drilled and is successful, I believe.

that is my understanding also. and the source of the stand-off.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

There is unlikely to ever be a cull...with 11,000 voters actually working for government currently (FTE and part time), probably 20,000+ government retirees, and all their dependents...turkeys will not vote for Xmas.

It will take some very sneaky axe men to get enough of a majority to take this pyramid scheme apart.

But do those lower regions of the CS take that into account when they cast their vote? Why should they, they are invisible to the voting system, there will not be any comeback on their govt role from an anti govt vote????

Our political system is the root cause of our problems. It’s pathetic and visionless, undemocratic and lacking in relevance. It fails to attract or select quality candidates but draws in chancers, egotists and those prepared to make false promises. It is hard to find, amongst their ranks,  many with any past record of responsibility or solid achievement.

On top of this, our political class and system has shown itself of being incapable of reform and equally incapable of governing the public sector that it has allowed to swell to a level completely out of proportion to the population. The likes of Chris Thomas, who talk reform but are unable to produce it are merely false prophets who just add to the hot air billowing from Tynwald. Unless the electorate demand reform and elect people committed to reform and organised to deliver it, we are heading up a long creek to nowhere. Rather than celebrating Tynwald every July, we should be protesting it all year and demanding something better. The parade of silly hats and wigs has to stop. We want heads with the brains to deliver better. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 10