Sinead O'Connor

Passing Time

That's so sad.

I've really strong memories of listening to the Lion and the Cobra with life long friends and watching her perform on a tiny black and white tv in my bedroom!

Another really strong memory is a student night at Coventry Uni Students Union.

It was after her mega success with Nothing Compares to U, but she joined a touring punk band as a simple backing singer.

The students drove the band ... and especially the lead guitarist ... mad by continually chanting 'nothing compares, nothing compares to you' at the band. He literally went mental - but then again it really made him play!

Here's one of my favourite later career songs from her.

All Apologies.

She had a tragic life, but leaves a great musical legacy.

Edited by Chinahand

On 10/11/2013 at 5:38 PM, Declan said:

I've seen her live twice once at Glastonbury in 89 or 90 and once at Bestival last month, each time expected a bit of a train wreck. Both times I was shocked how good she is. She is humble, vulnerable, generous, a beautiful singer, has strong songs, she's humane, funny, witty and passionate.

Of course that was followed by ...

On 10/29/2019 at 4:33 PM, Triskel said:

Managed to secure the only other British show aside from London with the Irish tour completely sold out in under an hour.

Direct ticket link is here https://bit.ly/2BPgowB

Hope to announce the local support shortly

4A122AD6-ADD1-4379-8B9B-B43A35D28DD8.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

That's so sad.

I've really strong memories of listening to the Lion and the Cobra with life long friends and watching her perform on a tiny black and white tv in my bedroom!

Another really strong memory is a student night at Coventry Uni Students Union.

It was after her mega success with Nothing Compares to U, but she joined a touring punk band as a simple backing singer.

The students drove the band ... and especially the lead guitarist ... mad by continually chanting 'nothing compares, nothing compares to you' at the band. He literally went mental - but then again it really made him play!

Here's one of my favourite later career songs from her.

All Apologies.

She had a tragic life, but leaves a great musical legacy.

Thanks for sharing that. 

It’s really quite moving