Another MHK not interested in alternative views

Cueey Lewis And The News

1 minute ago, Hoops said:

Yeah, you're right.

(God, I hate being corrected in the public domain....)

No, it is an easy assumption to make, that the vitriol came from some fierce debate on here, but not sure it did.  It is obsessive behaviour for some inexplicable reason.  Perhaps they think they know who Rox is  IRL and that they have in some way been slighted by her, so are 'making her pay'. 

Of course, the likelihood is that it is more paranoia that has misinterpreted the slight and misinterpreted the person who has offended them.  Very concerning. 

The Middle East is a political caldron where the old adage “one man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter” has constantly been in play e.g., Menachem Begin, one of Israel’s earliest PMs, was responsible for a terrorist attack on King David hotel in Jerusalem in 1946. This terrorist attack killed 25 British nationals and the total death toll was 91 innocent lives. The Hamas terrorist attack on 17 Israeli villages and the Music Festival in the Desert was designed to be horrendous - none of the targets were military, all of them were civilian. An awful irony of this atrocity is that many of the victims at the Music Festival were peace activists who were staunchly pro-Palestinian. Biden’s administration made it clear that Israel’s response must be proportionate, but Netanyahu’s administration is not going to do ‘proportionate’ (some senior powerbrokers in his current government are xenophobes/ religious zealots/ anti-abortionists who were previously contemplating a law to deny medical treatments to Israel’s homosexuals on the grounds of being gays). If Israel carries out wide-scale retaliation as planned, civilian suffering will escalate to a level that is almost unimaginable – civilian bodies will pile up across the whole of Gaza. Videos of crying and dying Palestinian kids, destroyed homes, thousands upon thousands of destitute desperate people will circulate around the world. Globally, public opinion will be enraged and polarised by this impending humanitarian apocalypse. Many people in the West will see Israel’s brutality in the same way as they see Putin’s barbaric invasion of Ukraine.

As a political organisation, it is within the MLP’s gift to express its members opinions on all aspects of British foreign policy. They are said to be a compassionate bunch and that their natural instincts are to support the weak, the oppressed and the defenceless. The thing that continues to puzzle and disappoint me is that when it came to the appalling treatment of Dr Ranson their response was meek. They were awkwardly silent when Paul Moulton was gagged. It is also a pity that they don’t seem to have any grasp of the economic realities and the financial challenges that the Isle of Man is facing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Billy Bleach said:

FFS you’re simply being ridiculous. As I said I’m sorry you’re having some sort of existential crisis but honestly this madness has to stop. Or I’ll be going to the moderators to have it stopped. 

Go ahead.

I don't think anybody reading your gaslighting comments on this thread, would conclude in your favour. It's just you. Nobody else thinks this is acceptable behaviour. Just you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

5 minutes ago, Billy Bleach said:

What comments are gaslighting? Basically she’s making false allegations and generally seems to be having some sort of crisis. That isn’t my problem and if those messages are genuine I get it. But making false allegations certainly bothers me. It seem to happen a lot on this forum. 

Nobody else doubts these messages exist. There are screenshots. We can see them for ourselves on twitter and iomtoday.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Billy Bleach said:

FFS you’re simply being ridiculous. As I said I’m sorry you’re having some sort of existential crisis but honestly this madness has to stop. Or I’ll be going to the moderators to have it stopped. 

soon be time for you to think up a new username , again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Billy Bleach said:

You’re bonkers love. That’s literally nuts what you’ve said there. Sort yourself out. This forum is full of crackpots. 

13 hours ago, Billy Bleach said:

What did I edit other than to add a bit at the end? I’m not playing your crackpot game. Sort yourself out. It’s not even funny.

11 hours ago, Billy Bleach said:

As it is to be on the end of complete fantasy allegations from a clearly hysterical poster

10 hours ago, Billy Bleach said:

Seriously love just stop posting. I’m not going to further fuel some sort of psychological meltdown you seem to be having. It’s quite concerning and you should reach out to someone rather than posting on here. I’m really not interested in buying into your fantasy world or stoking the fire of someone who seems to get off on being a victim. Just go to bed. 

1 hour ago, Billy Bleach said:

You asked for examples of you gaslighting Roxanne. You're presenting actual comments we can see and verify for ourselves as a figment of her imagination. You're saying she's going mad that she should doubt this is unacceptable to get these messages. That's gaslighting. Then there's the sexist language.

None of the posts I've quoted have been liked by anyone. You and I suppose whoever is sending the messages are the only ones that thinks Rox is the problem. Why's that?

Edited by Declan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Billy Bleach said:

You don’t seem to understand what gaslighting is. She can make allegations about me as much as she likes that doesn’t make them true. I never even passed comment on the messages just that they weren’t made by me which is true. If she wants to keep on making crackpot statements that’s fine but I’m not going to sit here and see made up nonsense published as fact. That isn’t gaslighting. 

Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation in which the abuser attempts to sow self-doubt and confusion in their victim's mind. Typically, gaslighters are seeking to gain power and control over the other person, by distorting reality and forcing them to question their own judgment and intuition.

Seems to fit

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Billy Bleach said:

I know what gaslighting is. What’s the word for someone who makes stuff up and keeps on making stuff up in an attempt to make others believe it’s true. 

Billy Bleach?

Maybe it's hyphenated

35 minutes ago, Billy Bleach said:

I know what gaslighting is. What’s the word for someone who makes stuff up and keeps on making stuff up in an attempt to make others believe it’s true. It’s short word which begins with a L I think. 

no,  it begins with A , the word you are looking for is 'Ashford'

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/13/2023 at 11:06 PM, Roxanne said:

Do you know what the weirdest thing is Billy?

It's that my stalker has chosen tonight of all nights to not message me. They must be having a night off.

And do you know what's even weirder than that?

If I'd got this wrong ( and I haven't), but if I had?

My stalker would currently be all over my messages gloating that I'd got it wrong. That 'd got the wrong person.

And yet, they're not.

Don't you think that's weird Billy?

On 10/13/2023 at 11:06 PM, Roxanne said:

Roxanne knows EVERYTHING

She always has.

• Haha 1