Meals spoiled.

Went recently to a wine centered eatery in Douglas. Was seated directly in front of a screen a few inches above eye level. For the whole of our time  ( about an hour or so)there I was confronted with a stills video of their steak offering from the menu. Details of which were also included in their printed menu.

Three different images refreshed every three seconds or so. 

I asked if the damned thing could be turned off as it was searing itself into my brain but was told they didn’t know how to do this, but the screen was tilted a couple of inches to the left which didn’t really help.

Nice enough meal but won’t be going back there.

13 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Went recently to a wine centered eatery in Douglas. Was seated directly in front of a screen a few inches above eye level. For the whole of our time  ( about an hour or so)there I was confronted with a stills video of their steak offering from the menu. Details of which were also included in their printed menu.

You need the right glasses...you've clearly not seen all of the the Isle of Man government signs in Strand Street and government offices when they do video press releases!

image.jpeg.7017fa715df8f04c9acc9b9a1accacac.jpegimage.jpeg.c5bdadd8f5d17bd670d8a26a01f86d1f.jpeg

They Live: 35 Years Ago This Movie Perfectly Encapsulated Today's Marketing  Paranoia

OK if you’re happy enough to have an image of a steak burned into your retina as a result of going out for a meal fair enough.

I am still a bit raw from it. And I couldn’t say the whole thing was well done. It ruined the whole experience which cost just over £100.

( You may be used to selecting your meal from a screen and adding or losing the various components before waiting to see if appears on another screen as being prepared or ready for collection from the counter)

But there you go. No I won’t be going there again. If  that makes me a gammon or whatever so be it 🙂

10 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

You need the right glasses...you've clearly not seen all of the the Isle of Man government signs in Strand Street and government offices when they do video press releases!

image.jpeg.7017fa715df8f04c9acc9b9a1accacac.jpegimage.jpeg.c5bdadd8f5d17bd670d8a26a01f86d1f.jpeg

They Live: 35 Years Ago This Movie Perfectly Encapsulated Today's Marketing  Paranoia

Yes and the interior of said restaurant will end up looking like Times Square. 
Nobody will want to go there, takings will plummet and they will go squealing to the Government for special treatment, reduction or abolition of VAT etc. For what?

On 5/21/2024 at 7:56 PM, The Voice of Reason said:

OK if you’re happy enough to have an image of a steak burned into your retina as a result of going out for a meal fair enough.

I am still a bit raw from it. And I couldn’t say the whole thing was well done. It ruined the whole experience which cost just over £100.

( You may be used to selecting your meal from a screen and adding or losing the various components before waiting to see if appears on another screen as being prepared or ready for collection from the counter)

But there you go. No I won’t be going there again. If  that makes me a gammon or whatever so be it 🙂

They’ll be delighted to hear that…