Filming On The Island

Sharp

Is there a film being produced on the Island at the moment, thought I saw a famous old yank actor down the cross four ways area yesterday morning.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there a film being produced on the Island at the moment, thought I saw a famous old yank actor down the cross four ways area yesterday morning.

loads of film star type camper caravans at Bishopscourt

Ahhh thats what it is, thought the circus had come to town...

We can always tell when there is a film on.

All the people who live/doss/party in the big house down the road from us all get up at unearthly hours and come back and go out again at regular intervals. Usually to coincide with the time the chuck wagon (or whatever the filmies call it) is serving food.

Plus, for a few weeks after (and during of course) there seems to be a lot more 'partying' going on.

It certainly is Burt Reynolds you saw, looking a bit battered now as he is quite old (not sure how old exactly).

The film to be shot in the Gaiety is entirely different, a biopic of that bloke that starred as Citizen Cane (can't remember his name) Orson Wells, see I can remember, I've not totally lost it.

Burt plays an old actor(typecasting) asked to star in a Shakespeare play in Stratford, thinking it's S I A and discovering it's actually in Stratford under Lyme or somewhere just as horrible.

See the resurgence of the IOM film industry. Limping on to oblivion.

Dont be such a miserable twat

The IOM Film Commission has put over 200 million quid into government coffers since it's inception

Almost enough to fix that shagged out stretch of rusty crap you call a pier

What innovative business ideas have you lot up there in Royal Ramsey come up with recently ?

It certainly is Burt Reynolds you saw, looking a bit battered now as he is quite old (not sure how old exactly).

The film to be shot in the Gaiety is entirely different, a biopic of that bloke that starred as Citizen Cane (can't remember his name) Orson Wells, see I can remember, I've not totally lost it.

Burt plays an old actor(typecasting) asked to star in a Shakespeare play in Stratford, thinking it's S I A and discovering it's actually in Stratford under Lyme or somewhere just as horrible.

The IOM Film Commission has put over 200 million quid into government coffers since it's inception

What innovative business ideas have you lot up there in Royal Ramsey come up with recently ?

Fucking none, thats what

Your function in life is to make Peel look sophisticated

Fucking none, thats what

Oops.................is that egg on your cheeky boy face?

The Island's only purpose-built and impressive film studio, and the film industry's main earner, is on the outskirts of Ramsey.

I suppose you'll tell me that it was the idea of someone from Douglas.

Fucking none, thats what

Oops.................is that egg on your cheeky boy face?

The Island's only purpose-built and impressive film studio, and the film industry's main earner, is on the outskirts of Ramsey.

I suppose you'll tell me that it was the idea of someone from Douglas.

Seeing as most of the films made here were filmed on location and not in that shed I would not call it a main earner

When it rains the noise on the roof makes recording impossible and until recently the only way to stop the doors banging in the wind was to back a wagon against them.

Whoever designed the "Film Studio" was obviously a dab hand at agricultural buildings

Fucking none, thats what

You talking too yourself?

Archived