What Does This Road Sign Mean

simon

Having just posted about the standard of driving here, I am about to show my own ignorance, but don't these signs normally have a smaller sign beneath it with some information such as maximum width etc?

You think you're ignorant ? I don't remember ever seeing one of those before. I thought it was a joke.

Its a new road safety thing: everyone slows down and wonders what it means - seems to work :)

edited to add: usually means "give way" and can have additional sign(s) attached to it - should be found right at a junction: Highway Code

Blank road sign in the north of the island. I haven't photoshopped the image and the sign doesn't appear to have been vandalised. So what does a blank sign mean ?

:)

blankroadsign6qq.jpg

This sign has put in place by order of Tynwald because there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that a hazard of some kind definitely exists somewhere in the vicinity.

They know this because they've been 'keeping an eye' on the situation for 'some time' now.

Unfortunately, the committee that was established to investigate the problem has failed to come to a decision regarding the precise nature of the problem and will be unable to finalise their report until their expenses have been paid they have completed the investigations by visiting Las Vegas, Monaco, Hong Kong etc where similar situations are believed to exist.

In the fullness of time, and in the interest of transparency in government, a small additional sign will be added.... once the wording of it has been agreed and resources obtained to pay for it.

Archived