Have You Been Canvassed?

Slim

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Garff

Cards 0

Visits 1 Though lost points for asking if I actually lived there with some suprise as I was covered in mud installing a drain to take away the water that comes down the road, which has no drains, then comes down my path and floods my garden. I wasn't really in the mood for a chat at the time tho, especially when it appeared I was too scummy to live in my own home.

Manifesto's 1 Not from the same candidate tho, I beleive the other one is to follow

For anyone living in Onchan who hasn't recived a copy of my initial manifesto, I would be very grateful if they let me know so that I can ensure they do get a copy. As I spent considerable time ensuring a copy was addressed for every person on the electoral roll as it was provided I am somewhat concerned to hear people say they didn't receive a copy, yet I assume those same people have checked they are on the electoral roll, particularly as I will be using this same list in the future. For the record there were 3083 copies delivered by the Post Office about a month ago.

I know a number of the Onchan candidates haven't yet sent out their manifestos, but intend to do so later thi smonth or early November.

I've received cards from three other candidates and a letter from PK. PK is the only one to ring the bell, and I have seen representatives from two others leave the card and walk away without ringing the bell.

I'm trying to get round as many people as possible, including those "out of town" addresses. There is still six weeks or so until the election, so there are still some properties I haven't visited yet. Of those I have, it is suprising just how many people don't answer the door after the bell is rung and I have knocked. I can appreciate some people don't answer their door after 6pm but wherever that is the case I or my assistants leave a card to say we have been there. I am intending to go back to those properties where possible, but in some cases it will simply not be physically possible.

Can we keep to the thread? This isn't for would be politicians to offer excuses, I'm just interested in the visits and effort made.

If you want to sort your admin out Steve, please use another thread. Looking like Onchan is the slackest so far..

For those that are struggling with the thread, please post:

Constituancy:

Candidates visited:

Manifesto Received:

Cards through door:

Can we keep to the thread? This isn't for would be politicians to offer excuses, I'm just interested in the visits and effort made.

If you want to sort your admin out Steve, please use another thread. Looking like Onchan is the slackest so far..

For those that are struggling with the thread, please post:

Constituancy:

Candidates visited:

Manifesto Received:

Cards through door:

My mistake, I assumed people here would welcome a public explanation, particularly if the answers/reasons they have not received a manifesto or been visited are based on erroneous information such as them not appearing on the electoral roll. As you know, I have contacted those people here from Onchan directly and look forward to their responses.

To repeat my earlier post however:

Constituancy: Onchan

Candidates visited: 1

Manifesto Received: 0

Cards through door: 4

The Missus found a card in our letter box, even though she'd been in all day.

But then again this was in Castletown so I suppose I should be glad Mr Unopposed Brown even bothered to (probably get someone else to) drop a card through our door.

Constituancy: Castletown

Candidates visited: 0

Manifesto Received: 0

Cards through door: 1

Constituancy: Douglas West

Candidates Canvassed: 2 (was out for 1)

Manifesto recieved: 4 at least...

but there are only 3 standing in West Douglas????

First visit tonight, by Lib Vannin candidate Roland Ardern-Corris. He called while I was knocking up a curry and my better half answered the door in her bathrobe. I daresay he will be back.

I didn't speak to him, but he dropped off a letter/poster asking us to vote for 'A Man of Vision and Integrity'...

We'll see.

Archived