Have You Been Canvassed?

Slim

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he dropped off a letter/poster asking us to vote for 'A Man of Vision and Integrity'...

Now that would really narrow the choices!

There are limits to self-promotion as voters will soon turn off you if you put yourself at the top of a pedestal.

"Canvassing time" - it's a special concept invented by our MHKs so they can pretend to care about you.

A "sorry you were out" card says "I love you!"

It's like Christmas, or birthdays, except that its quinquennial rather than annual.

Constituancy: M and S

Candidates visited: 1

Manifesto Received: 0

Cards through door: 0 (I was in)

However - The candidate that did knock (no time for me to talk to them - I was just on my way out)

had no e-mail contact available, the telephone number for contacting him had no answer phone (his wife took a message, if she was in) and no manifesto available.

Half hearted springs to mind.

Lets see if Mrs K can do any better.

Mr Karran paid a visit last week, rang the door bell and had a bit of a chat, only one so far. Had a few bits of paper through the letter box, which all seem to say the same thing.

Hopefully they will have one of those church hall meetings where all the canidates can come along. Went to the Onchan one last election and poor old Geoff Cannell kept shooting himself in the foot by saying all the time that 'it wasn't my fault' when asked about something. Didn't go down with the crowd.

Constituancy: Glenfaba

Candidates visited: 2

Manifesto Received: 2

Cards through door: lots

Mr Anderson caught us in last week. Was so taken by surprise that didn't ask him anything much. Seemed a pleasant chap. I've decided to try and not get worked up by all this because at the end of the day they do what they want and really they're only calling to ask you to make sure they keep their job/salary/pension. Have missed Mr Boot several times but he does seem to be putting the time in so hopefully will meet him before the "day".

reckon I'll be out doing some door-to-door 'supporting' a South Douglas candidate this next week...

That's their campaign doomed then. Who'd vote for someone who sent a gibbering idiot out on this behalf?

Archived