Manx Forums Asbo

P.K.

Manx Forums Anti-Social Banning Order.

Goddamn it. Sunday is PK Pub Day and I forgot to suspend him for the night. Apology, done now.

A week or so ago I requested that my account be locked out on my pub nights, which are Wednesday and Sunday. It was pointed out to me that not logging on at all would have exactly the same effect. This is true and I do not log on to Manx Forums from Friday afternoon until Sunday evening. The thing is who behaves rationally when they've had a few? You only have to look at the late night/early morning postings (some of them your own) to realise that the answer to that one is close to nobody. I suppose I could always use another system and create a clone account to get around the ban but I have only ever created one of those and that was for the specific purpose of jerking around thehater and his bile, apparently no longer with us. The ban also means that I can view but not post, absolutely ideal under the circumstances.

My reasons for requesting this ASBO were twofold:

1. I would like to try and keep this forum as harmonious (sic) as possible by being the epitome of sobriety but without losing my sense of humour

2. I have standards to maintain

OK, I may have set myself appallingly low standards and even then consistently failed to meet them but at least I have some. Unlike most.....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My reasons for requesting this ASBO were twofold:

1. I would like to try and keep this forum as harmonious (sic) as possible by being the epitome of sobriety but without losing my sense of humour

2. I have standards to maintain

OK, I may have set myself appallingly low standards and even then consistently failed to meet them but at least I have some. Unlike most.....

Splendid idea P.K! If you ever want banning for a longer period I would be happy to oblige.

Thank you so much for demonstrating so well the point I was making about personal standards.

The thing is who behaves rationally when they've had a few? You only have to look at the late night/early morning postings (some of them your own) to realise that the answer to that one is close to nobody.

Errrmm.... almost all of my posts are late at night or early morning and I am always totally sober - oh well, I try :-)

Declan, make that your last negative post for a week. Comprendé?

Nah, It's all right Unisol let Declan have his say. If I didn't have him and his loyal friend m_m chasing me around the forums I would feel that there was something missing somewhere. I myself am no stranger to controversy after all! In any event, when Declan oversteps the mark he is always ready to apologise which makes it more than fair enough in my book.

Roll on Wednesday night, eh Declan!

On another note Rox has not accused me of being devious, duplicitous or opinionated for a while now. Anyone know why?

Archived