Copyright Conundrum?

John Wright

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and the BBC replied

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the picture of a red rose currently used on a link to the BBC Lancashire website.

The picture used is of BBC copyright, and although may be similar to your shot, it is not the same picture.

I hope that answers your question. Thanks again for getting in touch with us.

I can't tell the difference and I am not minded to pursue it

please visit yourselves to see what you think

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/6231027.stm

It's the exact same picture, pixel for pixel.

The checksums come out the same. They are the exact same.

A bit strange but not worth losing sleep over surely?

I did notice the news the other day on BBC included a text number for folk to give feedback, it was 07624 800100.

Nice to see the beeb taking notice of us at last.

Looks the same to me.

Where I used to work we had quite an extensive photo library covering much of the Empire in the days of Empire and the BBC often would send in a cheque for a couple of quid in royalties for photos they had used. As most say, hardly seems worth going to too much bother over, but then it may be an interesting exercise to see how far they would defend their position.

John, have you the original jpg before you sized it down to your avatar?

If you do, are you able to reproduce the exact same image, pixel for pixel if you resized it down to avatar size?

They can't do the same because in fact it is a stolen copy of your resized image... Just a thought.

you wanna' see how far they will go? why don't you replace your avatar with a photo of yourself... and see if they nick that one too! :unsure: Then you can humour us all by posting their email reply to your new allegation. It may go something like:

"...thank you for your email regarding our news icon. We appreciate that there is a likeness between the photo we are using, and the one that you have of yourself. However, this is a photo of one our reporters, who possess' an exact likeness to yourself.

Hope that clears up your confusion on the matter.."

:o

Another life from mine! For so it looks.

The seed is purpose, blossom accident.

The seed is all in all, the blossom lent

To crown the triumph of this new descent

Rose of all the World by D. H. Lawrence

Archived