The Last Film You Saw....

jagman

Yep Rise of the Footsoldier is a brilliant film. If you've not seen This is England check that out too.

I watched Ed Wood last night. That was quite good. Dead Set tonight :D

I was disappointed with This Is England, shame as I was looking forward to it as I prefer British films to most of the Hollywood ones.

I didn't think there was much of a story to it, and it didn't really capture the 80's either.

However on the subject of Shane Meadows films, ever seen Dead Man's Shoes? That's an excellent film starring Paddy Considine.

I was disappointed with This Is England, shame as I was looking forward to it as I prefer British films to most of the Hollywood ones.

I didn't think there was much of a story to it, and it didn't really capture the 80's either.

Me too. I'd expected quite a lot of the film and it never felt like it really got going.

It certainly didn't match with my experiences of the 80s either - but then I did grow up in Peel.

Me too. I'd expected quite a lot of the film and it never felt like it really got going.

It certainly didn't match with my experiences of the 80s either - but then I did grow up in Peel.

So you never had a skinhead haircut then? ;):lol:

Deadmans Shoes is faultless in my mere eyes. Paddy Considine is brilliant in it. It took me a few double takes before I realised it was him in 24 hour party people.

"Don't mention the elephant!"

"Too late, he mentioned the elephant.."

A seminal British movie. :weee:

ghost town is surprisingly alright actually, good film.

watch role models the other night, wasnt really sure where the plot was going to go but i thouroughly enjoyed it in the end, great film with quite a lot of laughs, definately a lot more to it than the trailers suggest