The Last Film You Saw....

jagman

Dead Presidents was on a couple of weeks back , watched that again , not bad at all 3/5 . Basic plot = black lads growing up , go to nam come back political disillusionment no money etc etc not saying owt else or it would be a spoiler .

Agreeing with everyones comments on Dead Mans Shoes , excellent film , very bleak . Wouldn't mind seeing the latest Shane Meadows effort Somers Town , think its on sky at the min .Anyone seen it ? Any good ?

A friend of mine watched that at the weekend too, said it emotionally scarred her. Is that a tad dramatic?

Its probably a bit over the top, but its a grim ending....certainly makes for discussion afterwards....the rest of the film is pretty run of the mill.

so you didn't see the end coming? :huh: I thought it was telegraphed about 2 thirds of the way through.

I really enjoyed it though I must say.

The Wrestler - great performance and loads to keep you entertianed, had to look away from the screen twice at some of the gruesome bits

- 5 stars

Changeling - absolutely fantastice not a fan of Angie Jolie but she was wonderful in this film deserved an oscar rather than bloody kate winslet.

- 5 stars

Watchmen - great bit of cinema good story, twist at the end, its not everyones cup of tea but it is a good film, great soundtrack, characters only thing is there are far too many penises in it !

- 4 stars

Watched two tonight :-

Death Race - Below par even for the mindless fun I assumed it would be. Its been a while since i saw the original, but I'm sure it was better. Avoid.

In Bruges - Fantastic, loved the dialogue between Farrell and Gleeson. The only weak point was Ralph Fiennes who seemed to be doing a bad impression of Ben Kingsley in "Sexy Beast" throughout. Aside from that, a good watch, recommended.

Edited by TheScope

A friend of mine watched that at the weekend too, said it emotionally scarred her. Is that a tad dramatic?

Its probably a bit over the top, but its a grim ending....certainly makes for discussion afterwards....the rest of the film is pretty run of the mill.

It's a brutal suckerpunch of an ending for sure (me and the missus didn't get up off the couch for a few minutes after it finished), although the message you can take from it is essentially positive once you work your head round it, and fair play to the director for sticking two fingers up at the Hollywood machine and refusing to change the ending and taking a big cut in budget in the process.

Unfortunately this does mean that some of the CGI is a bit dodgy as they clearly only had a couple of old Amigas to render it on, but the quality of the script, direction, and acting makes it a very worthwhile watch - particularly as the film isn't really about the mist as such, but rather what happens to the characters themselves when the strain starts to show.

Saw 'Taken' the other night with Liam Neeson in it.

It's the 18 cert 'extended harder cut' but you can still see how a lot of the violence is sanitised for the original 15 cinema cert and more significantly the US PG-13.

It's a reasonable film, Neeson is a good enough actor to carry it off and it's certainly pretty quick-moving and well put together, but ultimately rather unsatisfying and Hollywoodised, along with the usual crappy pretend technology that's required so the story can at least vaguely make sense.

Not sorry I watched it - (unlike, for example, The Dark Knight which is the most overblown and overhyped lump of dog shit ever to offend my eyes) - but it's not one I'll return to.

Saw 'Taken' the other night with Liam Neeson in it.

It's the 18 cert 'extended harder cut' but you can still see how a lot of the violence is sanitised for the original 15 cinema cert and more significantly the US PG-13.

It's a reasonable film, Neeson is a good enough actor to carry it off and it's certainly pretty quick-moving and well put together, but ultimately rather unsatisfying and Hollywoodised, along with the usual crappy pretend technology that's required so the story can at least vaguely make sense.

Not sorry I watched it - (unlike, for example, The Dark Knight which is the most overblown and overhyped lump of dog shit ever to offend my eyes) - but it's not one I'll return to.

agree on Taken it a was formulaic action flick that seemed like its script had been produced in the 90s and the only recently found, i thought there was nothing clever about it and i simply didnt care about the ending and there wasnt even a twist to leave you wondering, any film in which the bad guys grapple with our hero and he makes good his escape by breaking a pipe above his head and directing steam into the face of his captors isnt worthy of being coaster in my house!

btw, everyone else seems to love this film for some misguided reason :rolleyes:

Oh god, I just saw a Japanese film called "Nobody Knows" a story is about four children abandoned by their mother who are then forced to survive on their own.

It's based on actual events which were far more grizzly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affair_of_the...ldren_of_Sugamo

I was expecting the ending to be happy. :blink:

I'm waiting for the first idiot to come posting in here about the leaked, unfinished, unedited and incomplete Wolverine workprint that's doing the rounds. Please don't watch it. It's missing most of the CGI, all of the reshot scenes with Deadpool and a whole bunch of Gambit stuff. I haven't seen it, I'm saving this one for the cinema.