The Last Film You Saw....

jagman

The best sound ever on film, I think, is in Spielberg's war of the worlds when the first tripod is warming up after its long hibernation - a completely mechanical sound but full of menace.

Absolutely right - bloody scary. That was the first thing I put on my home theatre setup when I got it a couple of years back.

X-Men origins: Wolverine

I thought it was a good film, not quite what I expected but good non the less.

The kids thought it was awesome, I wouldnt go quite that far but Id probably watch it again.

I saw Wolverine with my two sons and really enjoyed it.

Just saw The Taking of Pelham 123 yesterday. Really good remake with interesting cinematography and a lot of action. Denzel Washington and John Travolta are terrific as the protagonist and antagonist respectively. Riveting two hour film, although quite violent.

I went to see " The Hangover" last night as I enjoyed "Old School" I had reservations that they may have shown the best bits in the trailers as is often the case with these sort of films. I have to say that I was totally wrong and laughed out loud, A LOT and if they did want to show the best bits in a trailer then they would have had to show the whole thing. As a bit of escapisim and totally sillyness I would highly reccomend! Big thumbs up from me.

Seen Knowing recently with Nic Cage. Average stuff with some dodgy FX and even dodgier lines and held together really badly by Cage's usual ham acting. The ending is LOL funny. I don't think they meant it to be.

Saw Angels & Demons. Thought Forrest Gump looked a bit fat. It wasn't a bad thriller but the ending is hilarious.

Spoiler: Good man Fadder Paddy. Just as well you mentioned your time training as a helicopter pilot!

Decided to watch the Wrestler at the weekend (well it was my friends pick and I thought what the hell!) Mickey Rourke was fantastic but I honestly felt like slitting my wrists after it because it was incredibly depressing...

Glad we had my pick to watch which was Don't mess with the Zohan. Stupid but I found its childish humour very amusing :P

Seen Knowing recently with Nic Cage. Average stuff with some dodgy FX and even dodgier lines and held together really badly by Cage's usual ham acting. The ending is LOL funny. I don't think they meant it to be.

I saw this last night. Thought the FX was very good and the ending thought provoking. Agree about Cage but you you know what your getting when he's in a movie.