Who Is The Most Famous Person To Reside On The Isle Of Man?

spermann

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surely fame is relative.

Mark Chapman is famous but should he really be recognised as such. You might argue that presently Andy Kershaw is the most famous person residing on the island only because he is attracting a deal of media attention.

To my mind Henry Bloom Noble stands out as being most famous for his contribution to the Island.

Have you read the H B Noble book out? Very good read but not a great deal of content

Surely fame is relative.

Mark Chapman is famous but should he really be recognised as such. You might argue that presently Andy Kershaw is the most famous person residing on the island only because he is attracting a deal of media attention.

To my mind Henry Bloom Noble stands out as being most famous for his contribution to the Island.

It all appears to be a matter of opinion. Others are more famous to others....

Quite right - one of the most famous people on the planet is a Canadian bloke called (by Chinese people at least) "Da Shan". Almost a billion people would recognise him, but very few westerners would.

Norman Wisdom is a reasonable shout, I think - more famous than David Beckham in Albania!

Most famous in my book - Fletcher Christian (Mutiny on the Bounty). Apparently, he was married at Onchan church with Captain Bligh as his best man.

Nope, you got that wrong....

Bligh married Elizabeth Betham, the daughter of a Customs Collector, on 4 February 1781, at the age of 26. The wedding took place at Onchan, on the Isle of Man (coincidentally Fletcher Christian was descended from a Manx family).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Bligh

Archived