Coming Soon

Dr Fish

A holding page with a single image, are you mad! :)

A holding page that has a proper URL, an image that relates to what is to come, an image that fits it's place holder, no use of frames, at least some design element, some teaser text, some originality, correct use of favicon.ico - as a holding page it works, yours didn't.

• 2 weeks later...

Very exciting stuff. It's great that someone has tapped into this market. I really hope it works out for them. Clever website as well.

We've had a pretty good response over the weekend to the launch.. thanks for all your comments.. any input is always welcome into a project like this. Keep your eyes peeled for more content on the site coming very soon (you can register for updates) - thanks, the Longtale TV Team

From the very little I've seen, Longtale TV works for me - but IMO needs to have more content. It says this will be updated first Friday of every month, but I'd think at the least weekly updates would be needed to keep momentum. It might sound ambitious, but I think you need to aim for 1/2 hr a week.

Why just be satirical - why not go for being a pirate TV station? There could be things like the Channel Four soapbox slot - where people can have their say. Putting up vids by people - either satirical or their own coverage of issues of concern to them - e.g. Ramsey Pier. MF shows how there is plenty of local material that would work very well on LTTV and which could be translated into the format using newsdesk and graphics as you do. There's plenty that can be done to fill 1/2 hr a week - at very low cost.

What doesn't sit right with me is the marketing advertising model - almost conventional digital viral marketing and advertising. If it is ad free and not a commercial marketing medium, I think you will get more goodwill and support - and content and viewers (both of which are vital to success). As I see it the current business model will be likely to stifle this and sadly LTTV will probably fizzle and die. Be more innovative about your business model, and it could really take off and be a success.

• 1 month later...

Archived