Cave Reunion

manxdj007

Facebook:

"Thanks for all your support, Nightlife is the Jewel in the diminishing dance scene on the Isle of Man and without you it would be 80's every night."

Personally, I avoid most clubs because I know they're going to be playing the whump whump repetative stuff that your vids have. Far prefer places like Bordello which seem to play stuff people actually want to listen to.

Music that's in the charts is there because it's popular. Playing what your customer wants, it'll never catch on!

That wasn't me slating the 80's dj's, just what i had been told it was like before i arrived and how much the majority of people hated it, but i did write that a few years ago so my apologies as i did state the 80's thing.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not clinging on to this music, i enjoy it and without a club would still be playing it for my pleasure and radio shows, and i know my post was large but at which point do i slag off cheesy 80's style dj's?

Facebook:

"Thanks for all your support, Nightlife is the Jewel in the diminishing dance scene on the Isle of Man and without you it would be 80's every night."

Personally, I avoid most clubs because I know they're going to be playing the whump whump repetative stuff that your vids have. Far prefer places like Bordello which seem to play stuff people actually want to listen to.

Music that's in the charts is there because it's popular. Playing what your customer wants, it'll never catch on!

hahahahahahaha - Night Life the Jewel!

Your not allowed to post any more or I ( and many other people ) will be forced to extract the urine out of you on a huge scale.

Agree with Slim, playing what people want will never catch on.................what have Colours and Paramount been doing all this time. No wonder there empty every weekend and Nightlife is full to the brim with those 20 people bowing down to your DJ-ing skills that made Nightlife the Jewel with the vibe and following it has, which you created.

Your not allowed to post any more or I ( and many other people ) will be forced to extract the urine out of you on a huge scale.

Agree with Slim, playing what people want will never catch on.................what have Colours and Paramount been doing all this time. No wonder there empty every weekend and Nightlife is full to the brim with those 20 people bowing down to your DJ-ing skills that made Nightlife the Jewel with the vibe and following it has, which you created.

Fill your boots, rip away, its so easy to sit behind a pc and belittle people for doing something with thier lives that not only do they enjoy but brings enjoyment to others, i'm out in the public domain to be discussed, other dj's are far bitchier and fire more venom than you could imagine, i have had more than my share of verbal beatings and i carry on, seems non dj's love abusing dj's as they are an easy target, mainly due to their passion being abused, but when faceless forum personalities like yourselves are having the time of your lives and the only ones round here filling egos why stop you.

Also using selective quotes out of context or being non subjective is not clever, are you a politician by chance?

I look on this forum maybe weekly anyway, so it will be interesting to see whats written by "characters" like yourself next week.

Fill your boots, rip away, its so easy to sit behind a pc and belittle people for doing something with thier lives that not only do they enjoy but brings enjoyment to others, i'm out in the public domain to be discussed, other dj's are far bitchier and fire more venom than you could imagine, i have had more than my share of verbal beatings and i carry on, seems non dj's love abusing dj's as they are an easy target, mainly due to their passion being abused, but when faceless forum personalities like yourselves are having the time of your lives and the only ones round here filling egos why stop you.

Also using selective quotes out of context or being non subjective is not clever, are you a politician by chance?

I look on this forum maybe weekly anyway, so it will be interesting to see whats written by "characters" like yourself next week.

I'd happily say it to your face lol - theres pics of me on here. So feel free to bump into me and I'll happily point how wrong you are in the Jewel of IOM Dance Scene lol.

I wish I was a politician, I'm just a tea boy trying to get by.

You only play CD's anyway, but I suppose that does count as setting a new vibe and following ( if thats not saying your wanking your ego off is, I do not know what will ).

The DJ.. are they there to educate or entertain..? the age old question...

Are they fact or fiction?

J " to the Lopez " to the F....................I like what you play in Havana, you play to the masses ( ie what people hear in the charts ).

But what do I know, as Visionary pointed out, I'm not a DJ, I'm just the average Joe who comes in buys a drink and stays if the music is good.

Maybe thats why Visionary doesnt play in Douglas.

I've been to Night life and well.........tossers x by a dead shit hole.

I'd happily say it to your face lol - theres pics of me on here. So feel free to bump into me and I'll happily point how wrong you are in the Jewel of IOM Dance Scene lol.

I wish I was a politician, I'm just a tea boy trying to get by.

You only play CD's anyway, but I suppose that does count as setting a new vibe and following ( if thats not saying your wanking your ego off is, I do not know what will ).

I simply meant in terms of a weekly dance night, of which there are two, this one plays more cutting edge, i have no problem with commercial/pop/80's or whatever, i was doing that 2 nights a week on top of the dance until very recently when circumstances changed.

You would be surprised to know i don't even play cd's really, its mainly USB sticks now, how lazy is that, i can't be arsed writing 10 cd's per week.

To be fair i cannot win whatever i say, but i don't like making enemies and life is too short to get angry and spiteful, as a major occurance that just happened in my life has shown, all i tried to do was show there is a good dance night up north, shamelessly plug it, and show my understanding with Dave's situation, no regrets though :P

If your just a tea boy then your wasting your talents, there are people in power with less ability in using context and brains than yourself.

But what do I know, as Visionary pointed out, I'm not a DJ, I'm just the average Joe who comes in buys a drink and stays if the music is good.

Maybe thats why Visionary doesnt play in Douglas.

I've been to Night life and well.........tossers x by a dead shit hole.

I was back playing in Douglas last week at Paramount after being invited to play on Full-On!'s 9th Birthday bash, first time in two years.

After 4 years at Breeze/Studabakers i moved to Ramsey and thought that it makes more sense to work a few hundred yards away from home than stay in Douglas, but yes, my music style probably doesn't suit Douglas' current chart friendly crowds.

That wasn't me slating the 80's dj's, just what i had been told it was like before i arrived and how much the majority of people hated it, but i did write that a few years ago so my apologies as i did state the 80's thing.

No worries, just wondered if you'd spotted the contradiction. Seems to me many dj's here are clinging to the past, while also slagging the past off.

No worries, just wondered if you'd spotted the contradiction. Seems to me many dj's here are clinging to the past, while also slagging the past off.

I totally agree, i'm also aware most of the stuff i play is a direct rip off of some 70/80's disco, the scene is drenched in irony, i want what it was like 10 years ago but not 20 years ago, although one thing i do wish as a clubber was i was old enough to have went to the Lido when it was the biggest club in Europe. (was it really?)

I totally agree, i'm also aware most of the stuff i play is a direct rip off of some 70/80's disco, the scene is drenched in irony, i want what it was like 10 years ago but not 20 years ago, although one thing i do wish as a clubber was i was old enough to have went to the Lido when it was the biggest club in Europe. (was it really?)

In terms of square footage, probably! I used to walk miles in a single night there, round and round and round. Easiest DJ gig around though, play Radio Gaga, Time warp, Imagination, go home!

Off topic, when in store dj's get it wrong, oops: http://www.gigwise.com/news/47629/Rage-Aga...sda-Supermarket

Off topic, when in store dj's get it wrong, oops: http://www.gigwise.com/news/47629/Rage-Aga...sda-Supermarket

I like this quote at the end "A local councillor also expressed her disappointment over the broadcast and compared it to the recent radio scandal involving Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross" priceless, lets not start that one up again :D

Archived